CVS Health Interview Questions in Rhode Island | Glassdoor

2.7

94 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Woonsocket, RI).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone screen with basic interview questions followed by in person interview at corporate offices with hiring manager who also provided a tour of the office and answered questions.

Associate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Woonsocket, RI) in April 2017.

Interview

The first interview was an online video interview that took about 45 minutes. It was a slightly awkward interview format and the answer times were limited to two minutes each.

Store Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Lincoln, RI) in March 2017.

Interview

2 weeks after I applied for the position I received a call. The call was brief, they wanted to know if I was still interested, and an in person interview was set up a few days later. The first interview was with the DM and lasted about an hour. Typical interview question were asked. DM was really good, made me feel welcomed. I was told I would get a call in about a week to set up an additional interview with a store manager. I received a call within a week and an interview was set a week out (2 weeks between first and second). I interviewed with 2 store managers which also went well. We just spoke about the position and they answered questions I had about the position. At the end of that interview I was told that I would get another call for the next step in the process the following week. Overall great experience but very long process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are 3 qualities that make a great leader?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Woonsocket, RI) in March 2017.

Interview

This was perhaps one of the most unprofessional interview experiences I have had as an executive. I was contacted by a recruiter and had a quick 20 minute phone screen. Then I had another equally brief chat with the hiring manager who ironically would have been a peer. In-depth hour long interviews with 3 functional Directors and peers. CVSHealth has a policy of conducting their out of town interviews via video channel which they could not get to work for any interview in the process so everything was via phone call. In the end, the hiring manager used the excuse that my relevant experience was not recent enough despite having known this going into the interview process. Who hires someone especially at the Director level without even meeting them in person?

Interview Questions

• How would you take a difficult situation with your hiring manager and resolve it if you knew they were in the wrong?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woonsocket, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CVS Health (Woonsocket, RI) in March 2017.

Interview

On campus interview followed by on campus interview. Interviewed with three managers from the department for 30 minutes each. Received follow up with the job offer in a few days.

Accounts Payable Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CVS Health (Cumberland, RI).

Interview

The interview process was friendly and unintimidating. The usual interview questions were asked regarding job experience and expectations. The hiring Manager was very quick with the turnaround acceptance and start date.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Woonsocket, RI) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. I was asked to complete a SQL Test on Hirevue. There are 5 questions, which were easy to me. The recruiter got back saying the test was good, and the Director wanted me to talk with a Sr. Manager on another phone. The second interview turned out to be a disaster. The Sr. Manager didn't seem well as he coughed and talked like his voice was via his nose. I asked if he was ok. It was very difficult to catch his words to understand what he was saying. After his introduction I didn't understand and asked him to repeat, but still didn't understand his words. Much guessing for words during the interview. Asked to rate my predictive modeling skills as well as some others. A previous project was picked up to discuss, which wasn't a predictive model but an heuristic optimization model. Some questions to ask to walk him through from data processing to create the model. I explained the way the model was created with data from a database, how we preprocessed data, of course not the way data would be preprocessed for a predictive model, how the constraints were created via matrix operations. Doesn't seem the explanation was understood. I told him that the model was an optimization model so the way to pre-process data wasn't like a predictive model. Overall it was incredibly challenging to understand the interviewer's words, and I believe there was disconnection or misunderstanding in the communication during the interview. It was my mistake not to tell the problem right away and ask for rescheduling.

Interview Questions

• SQLdata cube, special join, SQL operators like IN. Pick a previous project, walk through the steps.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woonsocket, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Woonsocket, RI).

Interview

Very professional and thorough. Met with individuals representing various areas of the company. The entire process was well orchestrated and gave me a sense of the key departments and players.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you stay informed about current trends in the industry.   1 Answer

Java Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CVS Health (Warwick, RI) in December 2016.

Interview

The recruiter said I would be a good fit for this job. Got the first interview which involved downloading an application to my phone. This was not much of a problem. The problem lied with starring at myself while I was answering the questions that the company had prepared. I am not a "selfie" type of person, nor do I look in the mirror and talk to myself. Got through that part and it was off to the the phone interview. Got asked a lot of questions which I had no idea the answer, but I am sure somebody who has worked in the industry would know not somebody straight out of school.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CVS Health (Providence, RI) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was a normal interview. They ask you basic questions about your past experience with sales and retail. My location asked me questions specifically about how I would handle the population of people that would come in. It was more informational than it was question based. Just practice basic interview skills, questions, and answers and you are good to go!

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with problems?   1 Answer