CVS Health Staff Pharmacist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CVS Health Staff Pharmacist Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Albany, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was in the manager's office on the second floor in a pharmacy store. It took about one hour for the interview. The manager looked tough. She asked me some questions related to my CV, like my school, internship and rotations. A lot of questions are about how to handle it if you only have one tech in a busy store.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you tech is late?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

I received an email requesting the interview in three days.
     I was told to ask at the front for my interviewer by name and would be shown to the office and when I did, I was told that this store did not have a Minute Clinic. What?!? So I went to the pharmacy and tried again. When I finally got to the interview, it went smoothly. The interview was more like a conversation than an interview. Most questions were softball like the one I listed.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CVS Health (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy got a phone call and pretty much everything was done that way. When I was called it was already assumed that I had the position it was just when I could start and when I could get licensed. After this it was just a discussion of when i would be moving and when I would need time off. Minimal benefits were discussed and premium pay was established

Anonymous Employee in Northport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Northport, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I received a call within one week and was scheduled for an interview within one week. I received an offer within one week. A background check took one week. I scheduled a drug test. I received one day colleague training.Then I started training at a store.

Interview Questions

• We strive to increase our number of immunizations given. How would you teach a Pharmacy technician to do this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CVS Health (Birmingham, AL) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview with District Manager. Very casual. Low stakes interview. They offer a lot of training opportunities. I was an intern with the company while going through pharmacy school so i was an internal hire.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about leadership, ability to understand business metrics. They do not disclose the amount of stress that comes with the job.   1 Answer

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

I actually already knew the pharmacy supervisor, so just contacted her and was arranged for a job. Turnover is high, so almost always hiring for a position at some store.
    Several years earlier I had been hired by CVS at a college career fair. Got an offer just for interviewing at the career fair.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

I was in the intern program....so there really wasn't a true interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No i did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CVS Health (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Called for interview in person. Still waiting. No offer yet

Interview Questions

• How will you handle the technicians who yell at customers in drivethro.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Woodland Hills, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Nowadays, many companies ask potential candidates to submit resume online. This process is like tossing a rock into a quicksand, and then straining and waiting patiently hoping to hear a splash. As a pharmacist, once you submitted/completed your application online, get some contact information (emails, phone numbers, etc.) to follow-up. This beats playing the waiting game and reduces the chance that your online application was lost in the shuffle.

Interview Questions

• How do you address the issue of understaffing when the pharmacy is already understaffed and your current pharmacy staff repeatedly make the same, careless mistakes and expressed no desire to improve?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CVS Health (Asheville, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

I had worked for the company before so I'm not sure if that was why the interview was so easy but there were no behavioral questions or anything like that. I met with the pharmacy supervisor and just went over my resume as to what I had been doing since I had previously worked there.

Interview Questions

• Since it has been 10 years since you worked in retail, how long do you think it will take for you to be ready to be on your own?   Answer Question