CVS Health Staff Pharmacist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.5

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The district Manager was very courteous, and very professional. The questions was straight forward, he asked the reasons why I chose CVS Pharmacy to apply for and what I am expecting from CVS

Interview Questions

• give an example of best customer service and how you were able to convince the customers to use your pharmacy for future service   Answer Question
  • give an example of customer complaints, and how you handle it when the customer is very upset?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

looking for individuals who not only want to help patients but those that are driven and looking to grow as professionals. Multiple opportunities to grow in the company and perform well and the company is looking for people who want to advance and who are and will be great pharmacists.

Interview Questions

• What is your future for CVS pharmacy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Received an email to interview after applying for 3 different staff openings. Interviewer was very nice, asked basic "what would you do in this scenario" questions. Asked if I had any questions- the most important one was which position I was interviewing for since there were several I applied to. She then informed me it was for a staff position at a location I didn't apply for. Kind of shocking, but I shrugged it off. Then she spent the last 15-20 minutes of my interview informing me about company benefits, stock options, medical coverage, sick days and vacation days, and even who to text or email for sick days or vacation requests. I left feeling really good about the interview. I mean who would waste their time (and mine) explaining all those details to someone they didn't plan to hire? I sent a thank you letter the very next day to show my sincere interest and appreciation for the interview. Fast forward to 3 days later and I received an email saying she decided to go with another candidate. Disappointing to say the least. I emailed back and asked for the contact info of the other pharmacy supervisor who took care the other stores I actually applied to. She did respond the next day with his email and I greatly appreciated that. She was genuinely very nice, just wish she didn't go into company benefits with no intention of giving me the job. After reaching out to the other supervisor and stating I was following up with the positions as I had not heard back and they are still posted on the company website, I receiving no response. Later that day I checked back on the website and saw they were removed. I understand you're busy, but would it kill you to shoot someone a two sentence email? It was very unprofessional in my opinion and totally turned me off of CVS.

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CVS Health (Annapolis, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Communicated via email in order to setup a phone interview. District manager was very flexible with the date and time. Phone interview was very easy and she was very personable. Interview was more of a friendly discussion and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Ability to multi task, be a leader and follow instructions   Answer Question

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health in February 2016.

Interview

quick asked about 10 question and was about 30 minutes met with young person with little experience
    fast experience did not explain position well and seemed eager not to spend time in the interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Albany, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was in the manager's office on the second floor in a pharmacy store. It took about one hour for the interview. The manager looked tough. She asked me some questions related to my CV, like my school, internship and rotations. A lot of questions are about how to handle it if you only have one tech in a busy store.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you tech is late?   1 Answer

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

I received an email requesting the interview in three days.
     I was told to ask at the front for my interviewer by name and would be shown to the office and when I did, I was told that this store did not have a Minute Clinic. What?!? So I went to the pharmacy and tried again. When I finally got to the interview, it went smoothly. The interview was more like a conversation than an interview. Most questions were softball like the one I listed.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CVS Health (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy got a phone call and pretty much everything was done that way. When I was called it was already assumed that I had the position it was just when I could start and when I could get licensed. After this it was just a discussion of when i would be moving and when I would need time off. Minimal benefits were discussed and premium pay was established

Anonymous Employee in Northport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Northport, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I received a call within one week and was scheduled for an interview within one week. I received an offer within one week. A background check took one week. I scheduled a drug test. I received one day colleague training.Then I started training at a store.

Interview Questions

• We strive to increase our number of immunizations given. How would you teach a Pharmacy technician to do this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CVS Health (Birmingham, AL) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview with District Manager. Very casual. Low stakes interview. They offer a lot of training opportunities. I was an intern with the company while going through pharmacy school so i was an internal hire.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about leadership, ability to understand business metrics. They do not disclose the amount of stress that comes with the job.   1 Answer