Cabela's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cabela's Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Cabela's

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Lavista, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cabela's (Lavista, NE) in August 2017.

Interview

I was asked typical retail interview questions about how I assisted customers in different situations. Sat down in a room one on one with a manager and had a friendly conversation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to bend the rules to help a customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cabela's

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview

Was contacted within a week of applying. They emailed me to set up a time for a phone interview. I wasn’t called for the phone interview until over an hour past the scheduled time, but it was only about 5 minutes long and just basic questions.

I was invited to do an in person interview the same day, where I was then hired on the spot.

Overall, it was an easy interview, pretty standard retail interview questions. They expect knowledge and experience in outdoor hobbies and activities so be ready to talk about that a bit.

Everyone was very friendly and the interviewer wasn’t at all intimidating (which is hard to come by these days).

Loved that I got to do both my interviews AND get hired all on the same day. Took a lot of the stress out of the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to bend the rules to deliver good customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cabela's (Dundee, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

First I received an email asking to schedule a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. After that asked me when I could come in for a face to face interview which was the very next day. I went in. Got asked so many questions such as to do with difficult customers, how I handled situations, then asked if I would want to accept the job which I did. Then from there did a mouth swab drug test and some paper work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work as a team and what happened how did it work out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cabela's (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Completed online application. A week after filing out application online, I came to the store to ask if a manager was available to speak with. Met with dept mgr that day. Had a one on one interview. Lasted about 30 minutes. After the interview I was sent to human resources for drug testing and paperwork. It took the HR dept about 11 days to get back to me with an answer.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Rogers, AR) in June 2013.

Interview

One interview, stupid questions, the worse your grammar... the better chance you have at this job

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hey, we'll pay you ten dollars an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cabela's (Glendale, AZ) in August 2010.

Interview

Took 1 week. Made you feel real comfortable real easy

Interview Questions

• What the hardest customer you have to deal with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/a

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Dundee, MI) in July 2012.

Interview

Initial application process is that one has to apply via online, however if you are called in for an interview you then must fill out a paper application in store. You are generally interviewed by the manager of the department that you are applying for, for instance I was interviewed by the Front End Manager. If you pass the interview process you go directly up to HR and have to submit information for a background check and perform a drug test. After that you can wait up to 2 weeks to get a call back if you are hired or not.

Interview Questions

• That I can recall there where no difficult or unexpected questions, just simply the questions one would expect when interviewing for a cashier position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Lehi, UT).

Interview

Cabela's will call you up and do a pre-screening over the phone, and then they will pull you in for an interview. After the interview if the Manager really thinks you'll do well in the position... they will do a drug screening there on the spot with a mouth swab - if you are a wait and see, then you may not get a drug test on the spot & then you'll get called in for a drug test if you are the best candidate.

Interview Questions

• • What is your definition of Superior Customer Service?   Answer Question
    • • Cabela’s owns its own bank and credit card the Cabela's Club Visa Card. A requirement of the job is to offer every customer that comes though the door an opportunity to sign up for this card. Are you willing to offer customers the Cabela’s Club Visa?   Answer Question
    • • Describe a time when you participated as part of a successful team. What was your role on the team?   Answer Question
    • • Explain a time when you were in a situation when the customer was upset. What did you do? How did you handle that customer?   Answer Question
    • • Tell me about a time when you delivered on commitments or service that met or exceed customer expectations. Be specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Hourly wage was clearly stated in the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cabela's (Glendale, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Process took about a week. Applied online, got a call, was asked to come in for an interview. The managers were really laid back; made the process so easy. The interview was just like any other interview, standard and straight forward. She asked me general interview questions. After we were done she stepped outside to talk to another manager, she then came back in and offered me the job. I then had to do a drug test. Overall really easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a customer while being angry or frustrated.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to bend the rules to help a customer, without the manager knowing about it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had an issue with a co-worker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cabela's (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The application and Interview process was very easy and simple. I felt very at home the whole time during the interview. The interviewer was very polite and considerate as well as interested in my life outside of work. It felt more of talking to a friend more than an awkward uptight interview. This made it easier to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Name and describe a time when you were frustrated or angry and had to maintain upmost respect and professionalism while at work.   Answer Question