Cabela's Clothing Outfitter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cabela's Clothing Outfitter Interview Questions

Interviews at Cabela's

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Cabela's (Thornton, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

It all happened with a week. The interview was with my Sales Coach, Senior Manager and the store GM all the same day along with the drug screening and background check. I was hired the next day.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background, experience and how I would handle certain situations along with a role playing exercise.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cabela's

Clothing Outfitter Interview

Interview

Simple interview, friendly staff. Interview proccess was long, but worth it. A very rewarding retail position

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cabela's (Raleigh, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Basically a mass hire last year. If you smiled and talked about how great you are with ppl u were hired. You will meet with a lead manager and if you talk a good game and say how well you'll treat the customers and you have open availability then you have a better change of getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to resolve a conflict?   1 Answer
    • Do you have open availability?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about hunting, fishing, camping?   1 Answer
    • If I can work weekends?   1 Answer
    • Do you mind covering up your tattoos?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I interviewed at Cabela's (Lone Tree, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on-line and a few days later I was scheduled for an interview. My interview was a one on one interview with a member of the management team.

Clothing Outfitter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to arrange an appointment during a mass hire event at a local hotel prior to the store opening. Was first interviewed by the Events Coordinator who was very personable and friendly, and the interview primarily focused on experience with the outdoors and previous leadership. Second interview was conducted in-store by the Softlines Manager. The manager fumbled through the interview itself and did not stay on topic (instead spoke heavily about their personal issues instead of asking questions relevant to the position.) Was later offered a position via telephone by the Merchandising Manager, and was soon e-mailed a 'Welcome Package' regarding training and management structure thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time where you were expected to fulfill a leadership role. Did you feel you filled that role successfully and why?   Answer Question
    • What kind of fish would you describe yourself as?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate but that's dependant on who you're speaking with when you are given an offer. Generally there is wiggle room on wage - about $0.50/hr - but you have to fight for it, and they will claim that it was given to you not due to merit, but due to the company supplying competitive wages.