Cabela's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.3

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cabela's (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very easy. Four questions and you must have weekend availability. Managers were nice and training was thorough. I was thrilled to get the job. Training is 5 days full time.

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cabela's (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

Straightforward interview questions for management. Standard corporate questions that require you to hit the correct answers to check off qualities in boxes. As long as you have thought about past experiences and have some examples ready you should be ok.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that wasn't popular with your employees that you have had to get done.   Answer Question

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cabela's (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

15-20 minute interview with the manager of the department. Be friendly and be yourself, it doesn't hurt to make them laugh. Following the interview I heard back the next day that they would like me to join the Cabela's team. I went in to take a saliva based drug test and get paperwork. You then come in for orientation and training a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Experience based questions, they will give you wiggle room if you do not have experience or work history. They questions similar to "Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handle it?", or "Name a time you had to work with someone who saw things differently?", and "Tell me about yourself and why you want to work at Cabelas?".   Answer Question

Firearms Outfitter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cabela's in September 2016.

Interview

I went in and asked if they had received my resume two days after I applied. They gave me a quick informal interview on the spot then had me come back the next day for the formal one with two different managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much wiggle room on pay for hourly associates

Gun Counter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cabela's (Saginaw, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied to the job online. Heard back about a week later. Had a quick phone screening, then went in for a formal interview. Normally there are two interviews in person, but they skipped the second because they needed someone right away.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Cabela's?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a scenario where you had to bend the rules without speaking to a supervisor?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. I knew the pay coming in so there was nothing to negotiate. I don't imagine they negotiate much for part time jobs.

Data Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buda, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cabela's (Buda, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Very un-professional. When it was time for me to ask them questions I asked and they did not know the answers to them, not one of them. I am sure it is a great company to work for but the hiring process was a joke.

Training and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cabela's (Rogers, AR) in August 2016.

Interview

I was seated in a small room with two individuals. They were dressed in jeans and collared shirts.They had a list of behavioral questions to ask, which I answered.
    I was asked to give an example of how I would train an individual on a product. I had to think on the fly and mentioned a portable heater that I take on the deer stand. I basically pretended it was in front of me and demonstrated where the knobs were, how to turn it on, how heavy it was, etc. I was over qualified and did not know that this was an entry level. When I was told it was an hourly position, I explained I did not know it was a "beginner's" position.

Interview Questions

• Describe situation in which you were faced with a situation where you faced adversity or negativity. Describe how you overcame that obstacle and what you learned.   1 Answer

Retail Field Support Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cabela's (Boise, ID) in August 2016.

Interview

2 different phone interviews. One with potential supervisor, and one with supervisors peers. It was not stressful for me as it was a lateral move and I knew all the people I was interviewing with due to my previous job.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions you can find anywhere online. They did ask my why I wanted to change positions considering it was a lateral move for me.   1 Answer

Camo Clothing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cabela's (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Fairly easy interview. Best to be yourself. Several situational questions asked about past experiences in previous positions. Interviewed by 2 people. Both very nice and personable. Overall, pleasant experience with Cabela's. Up front about hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer or person angered you, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Wheeling, WV) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a woman in the HR department. I arrived on time and didn't have to wait very long in a lobby. I was taken to an office where a man named Scott told me a little about the job and asked me questions.

I was told that the job starting time is 6:00 am and that there is no set ending time. I could be working 6 -10 hours a day and wouldn't know until I came into work that day what my day would be like. He also said that I would be working 7 days a week between the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve with very little chance of a day off in between.