Cabela's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.3

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Wheeling, WV) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a woman in the HR department. I arrived on time and didn't have to wait very long in a lobby. I was taken to an office where a man named Scott told me a little about the job and asked me questions.

I was told that the job starting time is 6:00 am and that there is no set ending time. I could be working 6 -10 hours a day and wouldn't know until I came into work that day what my day would be like. He also said that I would be working 7 days a week between the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve with very little chance of a day off in between.

Human Resources Assistant/Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Rogers, AR) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within 10 days for an interview. Interview was very impersonal, was asked generic situational questions while my interviewer wrote down the answers. I was told numerous times that I would receive a call within 3 days letting me know if I was moving onto the next round or not. No call received and my interviewer did not return my call that I placed on the 5th day.
    People interviewing for a job are taking time out their day to meet with you, if you tell them they will be contacted either way then please follow through. It's rude to ignore someone you met with face to face and I expected better from this company.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in which you had to relay complex information.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Huntsville, AL) in June 2016.

Interview

Did an application online on a Friday and got a call the next Monday for an interview on Wednesday. The interview was your standard interview. I was interviewed by the GM and then the customer service lead sat in and listened. A day or two after that I was called back for a second interview, this time with the floor manager. This time it was just one on one and again a very typical interview but there was a role play scenario at the end of it. I was given information on 4 different products ( hiking shoes, a tent, binoculars, and fishing lures ) and I had to pick one and sell it to the interviewer. A drug test was administered at the completion of the second interview. And offer was made a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Each interview had about 6 questions. They were all "Tell me about a time when....." type questions.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It was s panel interview. Three members of the divisional start took turns asking questions. The interview was non formal format. It was different than any interview I have ever done. It was a panel discussion but was the easiest process is ever been through. I felt like it was a formality instead of a serious interview. That may be the reason I didn't hear anything from the interview until I push for a reply after several calls and emails. I was given the decency of a turn down email. Very interesting to say the least.

Interview Questions

• My background history and why I was interested in the company.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cabela's (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2016.

Interview

Have an upcoming interview and just want to check the tattoo policy. I know a lot of places have revised their policies in regards to visible tats. Hoping it isn't a problem.

Interview Questions

• Does anyone know their policy in visible tattoos? Full sleeves and neck and hand?   Answer Question

Gun Counter Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cabela's (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day to schedule an interview. The interview was basically to see how well you'd fit into the culture and what experiences you have to bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• What personal experience do you have that makes you knowledgable of firearms.   1 Answer

Corporate Pricing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sidney, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cabela's (Sidney, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was simple with an online questionnaire, resume, and cover letter submission. This was followed by a phone interview and then a skype interview. Was offered the position over the phone 2 days after the skype interview.

Networking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cabela's (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was done on webex; conference with couple of managers on phone. Interview was around 30 mins and tested skills that are on my resume. They didn't respond to my mails after my interview and didn't even bothered to let me know about my status. Such a waste of time applying.

Interview Questions

• About badic networking stuff and some questions about server configuration   1 Answer

Backend Outfitters Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Rogers, AR) in March 2016.

Interview

The initial interview was mostly behavioral based questions, I.e., tell me about a time you blah, blah, blah. This was interspaced with questions regarding your qualifications in regards to the specific requirements of the job. A brief rundown on the actual hours you would be working and the duties of the position were also given during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went beyond what was expected of you and exceeded a customer's expectations.   Answer Question

Lead Outfitter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview

Very laid back with two different managers. More like a conversation but with a lot of canned questions. Even if you are a current outfitter, you apply online and wait to called same-day into the front office to meet with HR and the hiring manager. They take turns asking the pre-written corporate questions.

Interview Questions

See What Cabela's Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Retail Outfitter in Gainesville, VA

Pros: “I am employed seasonal part time. Which means I probably am the one with the least hours, but for me, I have a full time career and wanted to do something in my spare hours. I hear some...”“I am employed seasonal part time. Which means I probably am the one with the least hours, but for me, I have a full time career and wanted to do something in my spare hours. I hear some grumbling from some outfitters, but I get where store management is coming from since I am an executive at another business with P&L responsibility. I get a lot of great pointers from both other employees and customers on fishing and hunting as well as hear their stories. They really try hard to treat customers with respect and do not mind you spending an hour talking to customer about their outdoor experiences. Great training and I enjoy being around other employees.” – Full Review