Cabela's Retail Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cabela's Retail Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Cabela's

Retail Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Greenville, SC) in October 2013.

Interview

After applying online for a Retail Marketing Manager position at a new store opening, I was contacted 3 weeks later by a recently hired General Manager. The preliminary call went well, however, when asking specific questions relating to the position, the GM only referred to the job posting. He even stopped to read each bullet point in the job requirements. This caused me to be slightly hesitant as the responsibilities did not seem consistent with the job summary.

Face-to-face interviews were held at a hotel conference room. After filling out paperwork, I met with two HR representatives. I was very disappointed to find that my interviewers relied on a packet of questions that were not specific to the job I had applied for. There was little to no conversational element to our interview. When I asked questions related to the marketing role, they admitted that they weren't very familiar with that area, who I would be working with, or who I would report to. I could tell they were weary from interviewing, but I expected to speak with someone familiar with the marketing operations at Cabela's. Because I felt confused about the unusual interview process, I asked what concerns they have about my qualifications. Not surprisingly, I was told that everything looked great, which felt like a brush off. I left with doubts as to how serious my interview was taken.

I was hesitant to write a review, but I sincerely hope that Cabela's makes significant improvements in their recruitment and hiring practices. After more than 2 months, I have not yet received an update on the hiring process, although I have called/emailed the General Manager to follow-up.

Interview Questions

• All questions were boilerplate HR questions. Expect to answer questions about a "time when you had to make a decision against the group", or "how would you deal with an unhappy customer".   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cabela's

Retail Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Madison, WI) in December 2014.

Interview

Sat with two individuals for my first interview - standard questions about background, about work history and they thought I was above target to speak with the Regional District Manager. We talked for a few minutes to recap and ask further questions. All ended up going very well and accepted the job offer about a moth later (was over Christmas).

Interview Questions