Cabela's Retail Outfitter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cabela's Retail Outfitter Interview Questions

Interviews at Cabela's

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Hamburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cabela's (Hamburg, PA) in October 2009.

Interview

Potential employees complete an online application
If chosen to be interviewed, a paper application will be completed
Drug test is administered to all employees prior to hiring
Interviewed by HR Rep, or department Manager
If you are asked to take the Drug test it is a good indicator of offer

Interview Questions

• What is your strongest attribute as an employee and what is your weakest attribute?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for Retail Outfitters.

Other Interview Reviews for Cabela's

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cabela's (Saginaw, MI) in October 2012.

Interview

The application process had a questionaire which took 20 minutes. The interview was suppose to be 15 minutes but interviewer had additional questions, and it turned into a 30 minutes interview. The process asked all candidates the same three questions, Name an instance in past employment where you had to work with someone that obviously didn't like you, and how did you handle it; What have you done to take teamwork to the next level at former employer and explain circumstances in detail; Give an example of an event or action that you took a leadership role in and what was the outcome? The drug test was immediate, and two weeks later I received a call from a Department Manager who asked specific questions on my career goals, and the offer for employment was made over the telephone. Everyone that was hired reported on the same day to fill out pall of the employment paperwork and order uniforms. Three weeks of intensive training took place and then it was run, do not walk, with it!

Interview Questions

• If you saw another outfitter take something as in shoplift, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them what my basic lowest amount I would work for and then realized that was what they were paying us.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Missoula, MT) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviews held at the local Holiday Inn. You were sent an email confirming your interview and time once you completed the on-line application. Upon arrival you filled out job application paperwork and background info. Taken into a conference room sat down with a company rep and asked basic questions. Why Cabela's? Outdoor experience? Customer service disputes. Approx 20 people in the room doing the same thing at the same time. Told I would hear something in 4 weeks and walked to the lobby.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a your most difficult customer service dispute and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Retail Outfitter Interview

Interview

New store opening, HR specialist handed out a stack of paperwork to fill out, waited for GM to finish other interviews, it was one-on-one. I was asked questions like how did you handle a situation where someone didn't particularly like you or the other way around, how did you handle a customer service situation in a logical manner and what is your experience with the outdoors. It was about a 10 min interview once I got with the GM. If its a new store opening and you really want the job I suggest asking for a number to follow up with in case you don't hear back, you won't have any other way of following up and all they can say is no.

I was hired on spot, then got called later that week and was offered another position in the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle an employee who didn't like you or the other way around.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cabela's (Charlotte, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

I went to a mass hiring event for an opening store. The interviewing teams did the best they could handling 300+ interviews. This happened in a hotel conference room with a LOT of people. Overall I was in and out quickly due to their being scheduled interviewing slots and everything was moving on time for the most part.

The reason my hiring process took so long is because when I submitted my online application, the interviews where not scheduled until a solid month later. After the interview they got back with me a week later, then my starting date was another month after that.

That doesn't generally happen; that was only because it was a mass hiring event for a new store.

Anonymous Employee in Verdi, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cabela's (Verdi, NV) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR department. Standard interview process with the head of the department. Typical questions you would have in any interview which incorporate your previous skills and knowledge relative to the department you applied for. Overall experience was an enjoyable and friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Describe a weakness you have and how you overcome those challenges   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cabela's (Huntsville, AL) in August 2018.

Interview

The process was quicker than I expected. Submitted application online and received call for interview within five days. Very accommodating in regard to interview date and time. Arrived for the interview and they were ready to get started. Upon completion of the interview, was offered the position and administered a drug swab.

Retail Outfitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cabela's (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)).

Interview

HR representative & Manager for the department I was applying for took turns asking questions. They wrote down answers. Semi-formal interview. Manager and Hr rep was very open and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time where you had exceptional customer service? Where was it & why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, however having no retail experience I felt the wage they offered was reasonable.