Cabela's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cabela's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Cabela's

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview

The interview was easy enough and was not challenging, there where other interviews occurring in the same room and they had you doing paperwork before the interview. Overall it was a pleasant interview and the interviewee was nice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cabela's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acworth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Acworth, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Lot's of people interviewed the day I did, everyone interviewed in the same room. About 10 different interviews going on around me at the same time. Mostly asked general interview questions, real surprises. Overall interviewer was friendly. Definitely semi relaxed environment slacks and button down appropriate attire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cabela's (Rogers, AR) in February 2014.

Interview

went great and fast. was only in there for just a few minutes. i waited longer than the interview even lasted. i would have loved to work there at the time but i'm glad i didn't get a call back. it was too long of a drive for only 8.00 a hour.

Interview Questions

• what greatness have you done for a customer?
      why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

All of the employees encountered were very friendly, and they were open to answering any questions or concerns I had for them. I applied online and met for an interview. Overall, the application and interview process was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a negative coworker, and if so how did you handle any difficult situations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Basic interview process, was a little over an hour and met with the direct hiring manager. It was in an interview room...went over my resume and they described the job role and responsibilities. They walked me through a typical day in this role. Was an easy interview in the long run.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions....experience, how to handle conflict, why I feel I'm a good fit for the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Boise, ID) in August 2018.

Interview

Standard, quick, easy interview tht happens in almost every retail setting. Just make sure you tailor your answers to the interviewer's questions to the job you want. and be concise. Seriously. An interviewer doesn't care that your aunt made a killer pie at your nephew's grade school graduation, and they don't have time for you to ramble on like someone that just got drunk on martinis for the first time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why Cabela's?
      Describe how you went above and beyond to help someone.
      Describe how you handled a situation where you personally messed up something with a customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's in January 2014.

Interview

Boiler plate questions from sheet

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none take it or leave it

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cabela's in August 2014.

Interview

It was a cattle call for themost part. Tons of people. Had to answer the same questions that everyone else on here has listed before. Read those and have a answer. Was offered a job by phone a week later. However, i asked a question to which couldnt be answered right then. They said they would get back to me. Never called me back. I called and called, left voice mail, called corp HR... spoke to someone and never got a call back. So if you dont take the first offer and say yes... then your not going to get a second chance. :(

Negotiation

Read my other comments... i didnt get the job. I never got a second call back. An they offer one price...9.50 a hour... take it or leave it... period.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cabela's (Boise, ID) in January 2009.

Interview

Simple questions regarding customer service and how to treat people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cabela's (Rogers, MN) in September 2010.

Interview

Attended a job fair and presented resume. Was asked typical interview questions, and then I was given the chance to question company make up, theology, wage and benefit, and finally expectations of my position.

Work culture at this particular site is management by intimidation, from the top. No viable solutions or alternative approaches offered as to opportunities presented, only whining and demands. Coaching and problem solving skills would be helpful, or the option of "teaming" up with another, that has the knowledge to move in a positive direction and bring resolution to the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What process knowledge, or product familiarity will you bring to the department, and how do you see that as beneficial to the team?   Answer Question
    • What style of negotiation would you employ with an un-happy customer? Would you use the same approach with an irate customer? Do the two instances differ, and in which way?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, flat offer to all new hires.