Cabela's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cabela's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview

The interview was easy enough and was not challenging, there where other interviews occurring in the same room and they had you doing paperwork before the interview. Overall it was a pleasant interview and the interviewee was nice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cabela's

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Huntsville, AL) in June 2016.

Interview

Did an application online on a Friday and got a call the next Monday for an interview on Wednesday. The interview was your standard interview. I was interviewed by the GM and then the customer service lead sat in and listened. A day or two after that I was called back for a second interview, this time with the floor manager. This time it was just one on one and again a very typical interview but there was a role play scenario at the end of it. I was given information on 4 different products ( hiking shoes, a tent, binoculars, and fishing lures ) and I had to pick one and sell it to the interviewer. A drug test was administered at the completion of the second interview. And offer was made a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Each interview had about 6 questions. They were all "Tell me about a time when....." type questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cabela's in August 2014.

Interview

It was a cattle call for themost part. Tons of people. Had to answer the same questions that everyone else on here has listed before. Read those and have a answer. Was offered a job by phone a week later. However, i asked a question to which couldnt be answered right then. They said they would get back to me. Never called me back. I called and called, left voice mail, called corp HR... spoke to someone and never got a call back. So if you dont take the first offer and say yes... then your not going to get a second chance. :(

Negotiation

Read my other comments... i didnt get the job. I never got a second call back. An they offer one price...9.50 a hour... take it or leave it... period.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acworth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Acworth, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Lot's of people interviewed the day I did, everyone interviewed in the same room. About 10 different interviews going on around me at the same time. Mostly asked general interview questions, real surprises. Overall interviewer was friendly. Definitely semi relaxed environment slacks and button down appropriate attire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cabela's (Rogers, AR) in February 2014.

Interview

went great and fast. was only in there for just a few minutes. i waited longer than the interview even lasted. i would have loved to work there at the time but i'm glad i didn't get a call back. it was too long of a drive for only 8.00 a hour.

Interview Questions

• what greatness have you done for a customer?
      why did you leave your last job?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's in January 2014.

Interview

Boiler plate questions from sheet

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee in Tulalip, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cabela's (Tulalip, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted 1 month later for a 1:1 interview. I was asked very generic interview questions and then was asked to participate in the 2nd phase of the interview. The 2nd phase consisted of a saliva swab drug test. I was then contacted 1 month later with an offer by the warehouse manager(who is no longer with the company).

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cabela's (Rogers, MN) in September 2010.

Interview

Attended a job fair and presented resume. Was asked typical interview questions, and then I was given the chance to question company make up, theology, wage and benefit, and finally expectations of my position.

Work culture at this particular site is management by intimidation, from the top. No viable solutions or alternative approaches offered as to opportunities presented, only whining and demands. Coaching and problem solving skills would be helpful, or the option of "teaming" up with another, that has the knowledge to move in a positive direction and bring resolution to the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What process knowledge, or product familiarity will you bring to the department, and how do you see that as beneficial to the team?   Answer Question
    • What style of negotiation would you employ with an un-happy customer? Would you use the same approach with an irate customer? Do the two instances differ, and in which way?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, flat offer to all new hires.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cabela's (Boise, ID) in January 2009.

Interview

Simple questions regarding customer service and how to treat people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbotsford, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Abbotsford, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Pretty basic questions asked in an interview. Interviewer went over my work history and everything on my resume. I filled out a questionnaire beforehand and he was going over it; which department I would prefer, my knowledge in each department etc and also scenario type questions about my past work experiences. Overall it was an okay interview.

Interview Questions

• " Think of a time (at work) that you made a mistake and what did you learn from it?"   Answer Question