Cablevision Systems Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Glassdoor Logo

Find jobs for Customer Service Representative

Cablevision Systems

Acquired by Altice

Cablevision Systems Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.7

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

Met with 2 supervisors for a one on one then took a basic math & reading test. I sat with two supervisors doing separate one on ones asked basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you define empathetic?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cablevision Systems

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was simple, I applied online, I was called in for an in person interview and was called back the next day and needed to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had an irate customer and how you were able to turn their experience around.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Melville, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Standard questions asked, no challenge. Female supervisor provided interview questions. Female HR representative provided initial phone screen interview. Drug test, and personality test were administered as well. The whole process took about 5 weeks, which I felt was too long. There is now a requirement that candidates have at least 60 college credits.

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

If your resume is submitted, they contact you and send you an email for an assessment. You have to take an assessment before the interview. If you pass the assessment, you are invited for a one on one interview. Before you can come in for an interview, you have to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a difficult customer interaction?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

You first interview with a person by phone, then you are asked to meet a manager in the office. The interview process by phone and in person is about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process was not as intense for such a big company as Cablevision. They are not very organized when it comes to the hiring process. If you qualify they'll call you back immediately.

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Wasnt hard. Group interview. I interviewed with a recruiter first who then sent me to interview at the bronx location. After interviewing there I had a group orientation, and then was in training within the next day.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about providing customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Simple, the hiring manager was very friendly! There were others coming in at the same time for the interview. Non negotiable, but the benefits begin the same day. The staff there seem nice, their training hours didn't seem to bad. When interviewed it was the hiring manager and the supervisor, friendly guy. They ask very common interview questions: describe your strengths, they ask about your current job and how those skills work for this position. It's a very easy interview especially that the staff make sure you feel comfortable before being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a difficult customer? If so what have you done?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths/ weaknesses   Answer Question

I received another job offer elsewhere

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with call center manager then a supervisor be prepared to be there for an hour. You also listen in on calls. They were very through about the questions asked and you also getting to know the position you would be moving forward in.

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Stratford, CT) in August 2012.

Interview

You sit down with a robot, a shell of a human being who is beyond stressed, medicated or whatever. They have you take a silly assessment to see if you can perform basic calculations and read simple 4 word sentences. You tell them why you want to work in a cubicle for 8 hours a day and they explain that everything is timrd, including bathroom breaks!

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you felt that you really helped someone?   1 Answer