Cablevision Systems Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cablevision Systems Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter sent me an assessment a couple weeks later. After completing it I received a call for a phone interview the next day with the recruiter, very easy. She invited me for an interview for a couple days later. When arrived she showed me around the huge office and introduced me to the supervisors I would be interviewing with. Interviewed for about 30 minutes and then they invited me to listen to a few calls with a current representative to see if it was something I wanted to do.

The job seemed cool and after a WHOLE HOUR they came back and the recruiter offered me the job.

Interview Questions

The hours were HORRIBLE 4pm-1am and EVERY weekend and I actually have a life outside of work. Also the pay for a job where they expect you to have no life was waaay to low. Also the employees there seem to be miserable. Now I see why the customer service at Cablevision is lacking. They treat their employees horribly with no time off. If you want great performance from employees you must treat them well.

Other Interview Reviews for Cablevision Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Simple, the hiring manager was very friendly! There were others coming in at the same time for the interview. Non negotiable, but the benefits begin the same day. The staff there seem nice, their training hours didn't seem to bad. When interviewed it was the hiring manager and the supervisor, friendly guy. They ask very common interview questions: describe your strengths, they ask about your current job and how those skills work for this position. It's a very easy interview especially that the staff make sure you feel comfortable before being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a difficult customer? If so what have you done?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths/ weaknesses   Answer Question

I received another job offer elsewhere

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with call center manager then a supervisor be prepared to be there for an hour. You also listen in on calls. They were very through about the questions asked and you also getting to know the position you would be moving forward in.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

quick interview then training, training was cut back and everything you learned in training will change without notice once you're out of training and on the floor, I highly recommend changing your mind and keeping your sanity

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?
      what do you do with an irate customer?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

First 2 skill tests and then phone interview if u pass that they call you in for 1:1 interview and if you pass that you must take drug test within 2 days

Interview Questions

• What was something difficult that you had to endure and manager wasn't around to help? How you solve the problem ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Initially applied through cablevision website. Contacted a few weeks later by phone. I took online examination then was scheduled for face to face interview. I met supervisor then next day I completed paperwork electronically by email.
    A week later she offered the position, I completed background paperwork and the urinalysis location was sent to me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation; they let you know hours and pay before the interview process

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

You first interview with a person by phone, then you are asked to meet a manager in the office. The interview process by phone and in person is about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY).

Interview

When i was hired I had to go through one interview, because I had a recommendation from an employee, and take a general knowledge test to make sure i could count and at least spell. From the moment I walked in there i was treated very kindly by syeeda (I believe that's how you spell her name) she is wonderful and really helped me calm down, because i was super nervous offered be coffee or water and what-not. The interview was very simple and straight forward. Once I found out I had the job I was sent to a temp agency for my probationary period( two months long in what they call nesting) and training ( training was one month long) after which they tell you if there going to keep you permanently or not.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview

Initially sent resume, had a phone interview and then a computer test and meeting with hr

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ).

Interview

I was contacted almost immediately after I applied. We scheduled a day for 1 interview (she said there'd be two) and a test. I came in that day. I don't remember if I did the test or interview first but they were both easy. She just basically gave me a quick run down of what the job description was. I advised her I was positive that I could do it. The recruiter was really sweet and nice. She doesn't work there anymore. After the first interview and test I was told that there was a supervisor available and I could do my second interview at that time if I wanted to. I did. The second interview was pretty quick but more detail questions? (Ex: What would you do if..) type of questions. The interviewer was also nice.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any specific questions, it was so long ago. Sorry :(   Answer Question