Cablevision Systems Technical Support Representative II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cablevision Systems Technical Support Representative II Interview Questions

2.3

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Jericho, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It was easy to apply and get interviewd, I applied online within two days I have been asked to take a phone interview and assessment test over online. After you pass the assessment, you will be offered to take in person interview and the same day you most likely to get offer, if you know your materials, you will get an offer right away.

Interview Questions

• About the previous technical support experience?   2 Answers

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview

They strongly prefer to see a bachelors degree (four year degree). However they have hired many without it, and many with non-technical degrees in unrelated fields. Certification and education related to pc/networking helpful.

Interviews are technical questions and 'what if' scenarios. Questions are related to job and have to do with mostly TCP/IP and networking and general connectivity on PC and wireless. Questions are both test/written based as well as verbal. 'What if' scenarios are verbal and are used for personality assessment and how you would handle a call given random circumstances.

Also must pass drug screening/background check. Once hired you also get randomly selected and sent for drug testing.

At the time the initial application had to be done through staffing agency, i also had a employee referral, additional interviews done by the company in person if you passed staffing agency review.

At the time they also started and trained you as a temp through the agency before offering a full time position.

Interview Questions

• Be familiar with TCP/IP, wired/wireless and connectivity troubleshooting. If you are comfortable with tech lingo and acronyms you will understand the questions without issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't really any negotiation. If you are hired for TSR level 1 2 or 3, or customer service they have set starting pay. If you do well on the scoring metrics(which change) you will get a good yearly review and usually a raise. and once full time you get benefits.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY).

Interview

with two women who asked a bunch of questions such as why i want to work here, my availablity and they are not flexible with the work schedule and school schedule

Interview Questions

• what can you bring to the company
      availability
      dependability   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Melville, NY).

Interview

I never applied for this position. They called me when they found my resume and asked if I wanted to come in for an interview. The process was quick and painless.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Interview

Great at first but if your trying to advance the interview process goes off of your interview alone not how you actually perform your job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Jericho, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I recieved a phone call about a week ago from a recruiter in regards to a technical support representative position at cablevision. She briefly detailed the position itself and expectations. After a few technical questions over the phone (phone interview) she sent me an assesment and employment application to complete. After successfully passing the assesment she called me in for an interview. I met with her and the Floor supervisor and got to see the work area itself. The floor supervisor asked me a few technical questions and scenarios as well. After that i was told to wait briefly and was called back into her office and spoke on an offer! great experience!!

Interview Questions

• How to handle a customer that continues to test your technical knowledge   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Jericho, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Easy, just know basic computer functions, anyone can pass there interview. Just be on time and look professional. The people that interview you dont know much either, they just know cablevision things. Someone who barely uses a computer can pass this interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Jericho, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Applied online, there after I got an email indicating that there would be a telephone interview.
    After the telephone interview they would ask you to come in for an interview.
    Before you go into the interview you have to complete a personality test online that will take several hours.

There after at the interview you have to take skills assestment test.
    After the test I was interviewed by HR manager and also a manager on the floor.
    After 1 week i got a call and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, you either take it or leave it.