Cablevision Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.7

Data Analyst Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied this internship program in school and, I was interviewed on campus in about two weeks. The interview process was about one hour. Two people conducted interviews separately. It was mainly about behaviors questions. The two interviewers were nice, but the questions were hard to answer for me. They asked different questions and requested me to review some questions in last conversation with another interviewer.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Ithaca, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was asked a lot of tech questions about data analysis and machine learning. Also, be ready for any tech questions that are related to your resume. Questions include: What algorithm do you use in machine learning. Why do you use this algorithm in your research? Interviewed twice in a day with two different people on Cornell campus.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Jericho, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Standard HR interview questions, then technical questions by a Supervisor. Very easy stuff if you know your tech. After the technical questions, you are then brought back down to the HR rep. If they like you, then you get an offered the position on the spot. I believe as long as you seem professional and show decent communication and technical skills, you're likely to be hired.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bethpage, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was behavioral. They asked me about my leadership experience, team work etc.
    The only technical part they asked was about my projects. There were two rounds and a total of 4 interviews. The first two interviews took place in my college and the other two took place at their headquarters in Bethpage. It was a bit long process but the HR team was providing regular communication which was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• They showed me customer experience visualizations and asked me what did it mean and how will you act?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter sent me an assessment a couple weeks later. After completing it I received a call for a phone interview the next day with the recruiter, very easy. She invited me for an interview for a couple days later. When arrived she showed me around the huge office and introduced me to the supervisors I would be interviewing with. Interviewed for about 30 minutes and then they invited me to listen to a few calls with a current representative to see if it was something I wanted to do.

The job seemed cool and after a WHOLE HOUR they came back and the recruiter offered me the job.

Interview Questions

The hours were HORRIBLE 4pm-1am and EVERY weekend and I actually have a life outside of work. Also the pay for a job where they expect you to have no life was waaay to low. Also the employees there seem to be miserable. Now I see why the customer service at Cablevision is lacking. They treat their employees horribly with no time off. If you want great performance from employees you must treat them well.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was okay. 1 Behavoral and 1 technical. Behavioral was easy but Technical tough. All sorts of machine learning algorithms and application based questions were asked. The interviewere asked me to elaborate on atleast one of my projects. The project was on Logistic Regression. Hence he asked me all sorts of modelling questions and model perfornance analysis question.

Retention Interview

Interview

the overall interview was fairly easy i had past work experience and knew how to answer their questions the benefits are A++++ to work here and company outings also free service which enticed me more to work in this company

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview

They strongly prefer to see a bachelors degree (four year degree). However they have hired many without it, and many with non-technical degrees in unrelated fields. Certification and education related to pc/networking helpful.

Interviews are technical questions and 'what if' scenarios. Questions are related to job and have to do with mostly TCP/IP and networking and general connectivity on PC and wireless. Questions are both test/written based as well as verbal. 'What if' scenarios are verbal and are used for personality assessment and how you would handle a call given random circumstances.

Also must pass drug screening/background check. Once hired you also get randomly selected and sent for drug testing.

At the time the initial application had to be done through staffing agency, i also had a employee referral, additional interviews done by the company in person if you passed staffing agency review.

At the time they also started and trained you as a temp through the agency before offering a full time position.

Interview Questions

• Be familiar with TCP/IP, wired/wireless and connectivity troubleshooting. If you are comfortable with tech lingo and acronyms you will understand the questions without issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't really any negotiation. If you are hired for TSR level 1 2 or 3, or customer service they have set starting pay. If you do well on the scoring metrics(which change) you will get a good yearly review and usually a raise. and once full time you get benefits.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Simple, the hiring manager was very friendly! There were others coming in at the same time for the interview. Non negotiable, but the benefits begin the same day. The staff there seem nice, their training hours didn't seem to bad. When interviewed it was the hiring manager and the supervisor, friendly guy. They ask very common interview questions: describe your strengths, they ask about your current job and how those skills work for this position. It's a very easy interview especially that the staff make sure you feel comfortable before being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a difficult customer? If so what have you done?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths/ weaknesses   Answer Question

I received another job offer elsewhere

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY).

Interview

with two women who asked a bunch of questions such as why i want to work here, my availablity and they are not flexible with the work schedule and school schedule

Interview Questions

• what can you bring to the company
      availability