Cablevision Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cablevision Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview

I applied for the Field Service Technician job through the Cablevision website. The next day I was contacted by an HR recruiter. She went over the requirements of the job and asked me a few questions concerning my job history. At the end of the interview we set up a time when I would meet the supervisors of my area. The in-person interview went smooth. I didn't know what questions to expect but I came prepared to answer the best way I could. There were two supervisors who took turns asking questions. The interview was more behavioral then personality based. At the end of the in-person interview I asked three strong questions. I feel that is what got me an offer on the spot. Seven more candidates were to be interviewed after me but I was led in to the HR manager's office and I was told I had an offer. Currently waiting for the next training class.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? (Any variant of this questions can be asked)
      Why do you want to work for Cablevision?
      What are your strengths?
      What are your weaknesses?

Tell me a time....

When you had to address an unsafe situation.
      When you took care of an issue before being told to do it.
      When you had to correct a coworker at work. (A coworker was not pulling his share of the work)
      When you had to use teamwork to get the job done.
      When you had a conflict with your boss.
      When you went above and beyond for the customer.

What would you do if you, I asked you to take on one more job at the end of your shift.
      1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Easy and engaging. Gave a lot of information about the company. Recruiter was very knowledgeable of everything. Job description was exactly what I do for previous job. The interview was more like me catching up with an old friend it was very personable and relaxing I wasn't nervous at all, whereas I'm quite nervous a lot during interviews.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Long Is City, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Meet with HR representative in a phone screen interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes or so. I Will get 2nd interview, but it will take 2 weeks or so to be schedule. The questions were standard and it was a pleasant atmosphere.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Just some very basic questions about what that company do. And after I answered this question, she told me more about the affairs of this company. It's the interview before a technical one. The technical interview may be conducted in January next year. In all, the whole interview process is very relaxing, you only need to know what this company works on.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Jericho, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me and asked if I was still interested in the position. I went through initial screening and they set up an interview with 2 hiring managers. When I arrived for my interview, I met the recruiter in the lobby, he took me to his office, and then took me upstairs to meet with the managers once they were ready.

Interview Questions

• Provide an a specific example of a time when you turned an employee's performance around.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was made and I asked to increase the salary towards the high range.

Lead Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Started as a consultant, then directly hired as employee. Met with HR talent sourced, then had a formal interview with manager. When hired as a consultant a phone screen was first followed by an person interview. Multiple people interviewed me and asked technical questions followed by questions about my experience and background.

Interview Questions

• What is the main reason you want to work for the company?   Answer Question

Cash Management Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Shelton, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

Was contacted after submitting my resume and cover letter. After a lengthy phone interview had a personal interview scheduled. The recruiter emailed an hour later and rescheduled the interview a half hour earlier. Arrived at the personal interview and waited 45 minutes in the employee lounge. Interviewed briefly in person with the recruiter and was told she wanted me to interview with the hiring manager that day. The hiring manager was terrific, told me about the position, was more interested in the type of individual you were. I was told the second interviews would be scheduled in 1 1/2 weeks. A month and a half later was contacted by a second recruiter who told me she was assigned to expedite the process. After an hour long phone interview an interview was scheduled with the hiring manager's manager. This was cancelled and rescheduled a week later. This interview was conducted by him and a random report of his and consisted of numerous questions being asked by one or the another so that they could "look into your eyes" while you were answering. I sincerely hope the acquiring company teaches hiring managers like this how to behave professionally.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to make a morally ambiguous decision? What did you do?   Answer Question

Contact Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Smooth Sailing!
    My experience was by far the most pleasant and easy process I've experienced. Syeedah was so helpful and kept me updated every step of the way.
    I met with the manager,director and VP who allowed my to ask as many questions as I wanted and were very informative. I can't wait to start working with them all.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult customer you had and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview

Very easy interview. Asked basic personal questions about myself and what I was going to school for. They told me what my tasks would be and what work I would be doing as an intern.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Piscataway, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for an HR Manager role and was contacted a few weeks later. I had an initial phone screen with the Recruiter in which general questions were asked. I was then scheduled to come in and meet in person with the Head of HR. Again, the interview was extremely general and I didn't get a good understanding of the role. I then came back a 2nd time to meet with more HR team members. Process was a bit long, and I felt like my time was wasted until the 2nd interview. They did not follow up after my interview, and I found myself e-mailing asking for updates.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were very general, and I talked more than the interviewers.   Answer Question