Cablevision Systems Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

143 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Jericho, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on line. A few days later was then contacted by recruiter for phone screen. Then scheduled for face to face with recruiter which lasted about 10 minutes then met with Call Center Manager and other fellow colleagues for another face to face, went over both technical and behavioral questions which lasted for about another 30 minutes. Research and confidence is key to landing the interview. Even though I was extremely nervous they made me feel comfortable and welcomed into their workplace. After the interview with the manager, I was excused outside for about 5 minutes and was then taken to tour the work area. The manager and I walked and talked for a little and then escorted me back to the recruiter who then offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, Customer Service and Technical Screening. Research research research! Be confident in your answers and in yourself!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable, but salary is great!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone and then face to face. General discussion of work and people. Discussion about expectations for work and environment. Discussion also regarding remote versus on site. What can be expected regarding work hours?

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online got an interview a week later. Went to the interview had a great conversation with the director of sales. It went really good waiting for a call back

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY).

Interview

The interview process was great overall the interview took a little longer than usual time wise but it went okay. A lot of it is online and over the phone as well as in person.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

First I applied for the job on Cablevision's website. I received a call from a recruiter a day later. She gave me a description of the position and how much was the starting pay. Then she emailed me a link to do an assessment. 2 days later she called me in for an face to face interview which lasted about 10 minutes. The interviewer told me they would let me know if I got the position or not prior to the start date. About a week past before I was called and was told that I got the position contingent on background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bethpage, NY).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn and it took them a while to reply to my response stating I would be interested in hearing more. Their questions were very standard question. The biggest challenge was the disorganization with scheduling interviews and the schedule changing often. This was an early indicator of what was to come in terms of disorganization.

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

I interviewed with the Sales Floor manager as well as the Manager of the Piscataway Sales office and they were very intense. They asked a lot of questions and scenarios but they were friendly.

Interview Questions

• To give an example where you convinced someone to do something.   Answer Question
    • To give an example where you calmed down an irate customer.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Tier II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Jericho, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It was easy to apply and get interviewd, I applied online within two days I have been asked to take a phone interview and assessment test over online. After you pass the assessment, you will be offered to take in person interview and the same day you most likely to get offer, if you know your materials, you will get an offer right away.

Interview Questions

• About the previous technical support experience?   2 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

2 round interview. First round is on-campus, two 30-min back to back interviews. Both of them were resume based, a little bit tech focused. Second round is on-site, again, two 30-min back to back interviews same as the first round. Only that the interviewers are managers instead of analysts.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Mainly focussed on data structures and algorithms basic questions. Questions were focussed on stacks/queues/Graphs . This interview was mainly whiteboarding followed by interview mainly based on the projects that I had on my resume.

Interview Questions

• data Structures and algorithms focussed on linklist,trees   1 Answer