Cablevision Systems Interview Questions in Newark, NJ | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.4

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

First I applied for the job on Cablevision's website. I received a call from a recruiter a day later. She gave me a description of the position and how much was the starting pay. Then she emailed me a link to do an assessment. 2 days later she called me in for an face to face interview which lasted about 10 minutes. The interviewer told me they would let me know if I got the position or not prior to the start date. About a week past before I was called and was told that I got the position contingent on background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter sent me an assessment a couple weeks later. After completing it I received a call for a phone interview the next day with the recruiter, very easy. She invited me for an interview for a couple days later. When arrived she showed me around the huge office and introduced me to the supervisors I would be interviewing with. Interviewed for about 30 minutes and then they invited me to listen to a few calls with a current representative to see if it was something I wanted to do.

The job seemed cool and after a WHOLE HOUR they came back and the recruiter offered me the job.

Interview Questions

The hours were HORRIBLE 4pm-1am and EVERY weekend and I actually have a life outside of work. Also the pay for a job where they expect you to have no life was waaay to low. Also the employees there seem to be miserable. Now I see why the customer service at Cablevision is lacking. They treat their employees horribly with no time off. If you want great performance from employees you must treat them well.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with call center manager then a supervisor be prepared to be there for an hour. You also listen in on calls. They were very through about the questions asked and you also getting to know the position you would be moving forward in.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

quick interview then training, training was cut back and everything you learned in training will change without notice once you're out of training and on the floor, I highly recommend changing your mind and keeping your sanity

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?
      what do you do with an irate customer?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

First 2 skill tests and then phone interview if u pass that they call you in for 1:1 interview and if you pass that you must take drug test within 2 days

Interview Questions

• What was something difficult that you had to endure and manager wasn't around to help? How you solve the problem ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Initially applied through cablevision website. Contacted a few weeks later by phone. I took online examination then was scheduled for face to face interview. I met supervisor then next day I completed paperwork electronically by email.
    A week later she offered the position, I completed background paperwork and the urinalysis location was sent to me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation; they let you know hours and pay before the interview process

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

You first interview with a person by phone, then you are asked to meet a manager in the office. The interview process by phone and in person is about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ).

Interview

I was contacted almost immediately after I applied. We scheduled a day for 1 interview (she said there'd be two) and a test. I came in that day. I don't remember if I did the test or interview first but they were both easy. She just basically gave me a quick run down of what the job description was. I advised her I was positive that I could do it. The recruiter was really sweet and nice. She doesn't work there anymore. After the first interview and test I was told that there was a supervisor available and I could do my second interview at that time if I wanted to. I did. The second interview was pretty quick but more detail questions? (Ex: What would you do if..) type of questions. The interviewer was also nice.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any specific questions, it was so long ago. Sorry :(   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was simple, I applied online, I was called in for an in person interview and was called back the next day and needed to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had an irate customer and how you were able to turn their experience around.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in December 2011.

Interview

If I can recall correctly (since it's been so long)... I applied online. I received a call about 2 weeks later to come in to take a test. I remember it being a math test and writing an answer to one question. The question was something simple like, "Why do you want to work here?" The test also included a simulation of customer calls where I had to choose the best answer, from multiple choices, for that particular scenario. After all of that was done. I had to come back another day to schedule the 1:1 interview. It was with the recruiter then a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had to empathize with someone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time, I did not know how to negotiate pay and was desperate for a job. So, I accepted what was offered at the time (which was $13 an hour). That was my first customer service job and I did not realize that job is worth so much more than that until I started taking calls. If I had to do it over again, $13 would have been unacceptable and would have asked for more. During my time there, I ended up at $20 per hour before I decided to leave. I think $20 is just ok but after the amount of calls and stress one goes through, it's worth much more than $20 per hour in my opinion.