Cablevision Systems Residential Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cablevision Systems Residential Account Executive Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

watch out for a good cop bad cop type of routine. They also try to offer you another position to see how bad you want this position. you might also be asked to sell something just lying around in the room like a pen or water bottle. just do not quit and let them know how bad you want this position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cablevision Systems

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Oakland, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

After you've lined up the application process via the website you will be on the phone with someone from HR who will tell you were to go for the interview. Once you get there they will invite you in and escort you into a room where all the supervisors working 3-4 will ask you questions about your work history, schooling, prior experience and type of sales you were involved in. They ask you to demonstrate how you would sell cablevision to a competitor and then give you some in conclusion questions which might be repetitive but they just want to make sure you didn't lie before. Once they finish they ask you to wait outside the office while they speak, if they say they'll call you with a decision you probably blew it, but if they ask you to come in and offer you the job you're golden. More than likely you'll get hired because it's like a revolving door from all the new hires and people quitting. Good luck ;)

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I ever had cablevision as a provider and to explain how I would convince someone to switch from a competitor and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

If you are referred by employee is faster. At the interview they grind you to see if you give up early for rejections. Don't lose temper and be prepared.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They give you the base salary and commissions. There's no much room for negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Oakland, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was with HR rep and reviewed sales experience, explained the job is a basically a "door to door" salesman.Explained the different tiers needed to obtain bonus. Max pay can be a staggering $118,000.
    Panel interview with 5 sales managers. Behavioral Interview questions and Role playing.
    Then meet branch manager and speak with HR.

Interview Questions

Base salary is now $25,000. There are tiers you can hit to gain bonus. After 6 months increase to $40,000.

Anonymous Employee in West Nyack, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (West Nyack, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I met with two Direct Sales Supervisors at an open call for new reps, meaning multiple candidates show up same day. I was asked about the experiences listed on my resume and how I would apply my sales experience to this new role.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any hang-ups about knocking on the doors of residential homes at night or in bad weather ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no real negotiation. If you become a residential sales rep, you must accept a fixed salary and remain with the company for 6 months until the higher, advertised salary kicks in.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2008.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from HR recruiter. Was interviewed by sales manager and went through drug tests and background checks. After a week I received a call from Human Resource offering ma the job

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do sales, given the fact that this is your first sales job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating. Take or leave it.