Cablevision Systems Retention Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cablevision Systems Retention Specialist Interview Questions

Retention Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview

Met with HR, then Retention managers. Asked general background questions and how my experience would relate to the job. Walked through the sales floor, showed the commission structure and how the metrics work. After that it was a 1 on 1 with the manager just asking how you deal with people who are calling and typically angry with the process. That was the main focus of the interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cablevision Systems

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Piscataway, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

For my first step, spoke to the recruiter who asked me to meet him at the main office. We arrange an interview day/time. When I arrived I sat down with him and went over my entire resume. He told me about the hours and the job description/typical day at the call center. He briefly told me what the salary would be like and commission. After 20-30 minutes with him, I met with a supervisor.

I am usually very good with people and can tell when someone isn't in a good mood. This particular supervisor seemed he wasn't having a good day. He asked me if I was who he was suppose to interview. Shook my hand and avoided any eye contact. We sat down at a Confrence room and sat far away from me. He asked me general questions, describe a stressful situation and how did you handle it. He asks me why I should be hire, when other internal employees had applied to this job, and what kind of retention experience I had. He never really made any eye contact with me and just kept writing notes. That was another 20-30 minutes as well. After him I spoke to the same recruiter and had asked.me to come the next day to speak to the manager. So I did.

She was straightforward and asked me what I knew about the company, told her what I knew, what kind of call center experience did I have, and would I be comfortable in that type of enviorment. This was the shortest interview I had. After me and her were done, I went back to the same recruiter again who said my offer was contingent on my drug test and background check.

I took the offer. The interview experience was fair.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be hired opposed to someone internally?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4, 1 Hiring manager, 2 Retention supervisor and 1 retention manager, The first interview was really easy just asked me why I would want to work for cablevision and I told them to make money which was true and still is today, I passed the first interview the other 3 interviews was mostly about sales skills and trying to make me sell them a spoon or pen, which if you had a sales job you had to go through the same process and sell something to your hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather make $54,000 with no commission or make $32,000 plus commission ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online, took about 1 week to get an answer. I spoke with a male recruiter who told me everything about the position. I was very intrigued and put forth my best effort to get an in person interview.

Once I was called back for an interview, I met with the recruiter for about 45 minutes, and then met with the manager of the department. I received an offer later that day and went immediately for a drug test.

I've been here for about 9 months now and the pay is exactly as they described it, if not more. The benefits are great as well..

Interview Questions

• What traits do you see best fitting for someone in the role of a retention specialist.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

applied and got called in. interviewed with a floor supervisor and the site manager. the floor supervisor asked about past experiences and details.Gave me something to sell and then took a tour of the floor.

Interview Questions

• tell us why you will make a good sales rep   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Piscataway, NJ) in October 2008.

Interview

An employee referred me to the job. After about a week, i got a call from some hr representative of the company asking me to come in for an interview the following week. i went in for the interview and met with the supervisor that askec me a few questions in regards to sales and my experience. Afterwards i met with the manager and had a brief interview and was offered me the position.