Cablevision Systems Interview Questions in Shelton, CT | Glassdoor

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cash Management Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Shelton, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

Was contacted after submitting my resume and cover letter. After a lengthy phone interview had a personal interview scheduled. The recruiter emailed an hour later and rescheduled the interview a half hour earlier. Arrived at the personal interview and waited 45 minutes in the employee lounge. Interviewed briefly in person with the recruiter and was told she wanted me to interview with the hiring manager that day. The hiring manager was terrific, told me about the position, was more interested in the type of individual you were. I was told the second interviews would be scheduled in 1 1/2 weeks. A month and a half later was contacted by a second recruiter who told me she was assigned to expedite the process. After an hour long phone interview an interview was scheduled with the hiring manager's manager. This was cancelled and rescheduled a week later. This interview was conducted by him and a random report of his and consisted of numerous questions being asked by one or the another so that they could "look into your eyes" while you were answering. I sincerely hope the acquiring company teaches hiring managers like this how to behave professionally.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to make a morally ambiguous decision? What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Shelton, CT).

Interview

Was hired through a temp agency. Took six months to be hired directly by company. Was interviewed by TSG manager, process has changed since then. Now they have recruiters, no more temp agency hiring.

Interview Questions

• None, questions that were made were about knowledge of computers. Easy if you know your stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Technical Support Level II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Shelton, CT) in October 2013.

Interview

After a quick phone interview with the HR rep, I hastily took an online personality test immediately followed by an online skills test which was then followed by an interview scheduled for the next business day. There was a tremendous urgency to fill the spot and I had to hurry. At the interview I talked with the HR person and then was handed off to the hiring manager for a quick tour of the call center and then a 1-on-1 interview. After a certain point I noticed he stopped taking notes. I was left hanging for weeks as the hiring deadline kept moving later and later. The Friday afternoon before the next start date (a month after the original start date) I asked via email what the situation was and within a few minutes I received an automated "We've interviewed many candidates but we've chosen someone else" email.

With all the hoops I was told to jump through, I felt I was treated very poorly.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time that you had to leave a customer unsatisfied due to a company policy or rule?   Answer Question