Cabot Microelectronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cabot Microelectronics Interview Questions

Interviews at Cabot Microelectronics

Lead Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with 4 people; the hiring manager, a senior buyer, a global logistics planner, and an HR person- duration about 1 hour. Followed by a one half hour interview with the site's operations manager. They did ask a series of behavoral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to resolve a conflict and what you did.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics (Dallas, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

At first, received a mail asking for a HR interview schedule. HR interview was basically about past projects, about relocation, salary, availability, etc.. and then I was recommended for technical interview where 4 members interviewed me over the phone. The interview was again a deeper dig into my projects, resume and the skills that I knew. I was denied an offer and I was told in the follow-up that another person's skills matched their needs better.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular. All we have to do is to clearly explain about the projects that we did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics (Aurora, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

phone interview, and phone calls from hr. they call and make sure you are interested in the job. if you are, it is easy to get an offer, and that is it

Interview Questions

• Does this project interest you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics (Aurora, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was asked for a phone interview less than a month later (I do not remember the exact amount of time). I had one phone interview with two employees (my eventual boss and mentor). It was entirely a behavioral interview with the usual behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would succeed in this role since you have no experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics.

Interview

it is easy simple interview one on one. takes very short time and no idea if the hiring manger was happy or not with my performance at the interview
    I don't know what else to say

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics (Chicago, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

Two people interviewed me through the phone in the same time. They were both very nice and seem to know their industry very well. They were looking for people to help with building a new CRM database,

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were mostly based out of my resume. They do require you to know how a B2B business works.It is a crucial part of their business   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process included initial introduction and breif explanation of my interviewers jobs and the job I would be expected to fill. I then was asked to walk through my resume. Following a comprehensive summary of my experiences and leadership, the interviewers asked several behavioral based questions regarding the position and ended by asking if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• I was never asked to just walk through my resume without being probed by questions.   1 Answer

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with Team Lead, followed by WebEx with a panel. I was told WebEx would only be sharing screen but it was awkward when they asked to turn on video as I was not prepared to be seen. An experienced employee was very rude. They were looking for a chemist specifically and my materials science background was not fit for the job. So they were very rude and aggressive.

Scientist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview began by asking if you graduated from your last academic degree, and asking then if you are working for other company. Next question was given for problem solving situation with expectation of detailed answer as much as possible. It ended with explaining the time line of the hiring process after giving you a chance to question them.

Interview Questions

• Have you received your recent diploma?   1 Answer

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics (Aurora, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone screen followed by onsite panel interview (4 employees). Total time from phone screen to job offer was about 2 months. Panel interview was good opportunity to ask questions of the Cabot employees.

Interview Questions

• How do you use strategic thinking in your current role?   Answer Question