Cabot Microelectronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 22, 2016

3.2

Supplier Integration Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by the HR to schedule an initial phone interview with the hiring manager which was about 30 mins long where I was asked to describe my work experience. Was scheduled for a next round of phone interview soon after which was a group/panel presentation over the phone. Was given 2 weeks time to work on a STAR based situation based on work experience and create a presentation for about 10 mins. This was hard to co-ordinate over the phone but I was invited onsite after this for meeting the team and a tour of the facility. Onsite interview was very casual and involved meeting the team talking about my experience and how I would fit in and included a 30 min tour of the facility and lunch with the hiring manager. It took them three weeks after the onsite interview to say that they chose a more experienced candidate after constant follow up with the HR.

Lead Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with 4 people; the hiring manager, a senior buyer, a global logistics planner, and an HR person- duration about 1 hour. Followed by a one half hour interview with the site's operations manager. They did ask a series of behavoral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to resolve a conflict and what you did.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics (Aurora, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Went over broad questions about past experience and education. Sounded formal but still was relaxed and able to freely answer how I wanted. Was able to get questions answered that I had brought up.

Interview Questions

• What was the thing you are most proud of from your work or schooling?   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with Team Lead, followed by WebEx with a panel. I was told WebEx would only be sharing screen but it was awkward when they asked to turn on video as I was not prepared to be seen. An experienced employee was very rude. They were looking for a chemist specifically and my materials science background was not fit for the job. So they were very rude and aggressive.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics.

Interview

it is easy simple interview one on one. takes very short time and no idea if the hiring manger was happy or not with my performance at the interview
    I don't know what else to say

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics (Aurora, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was asked for a phone interview less than a month later (I do not remember the exact amount of time). I had one phone interview with two employees (my eventual boss and mentor). It was entirely a behavioral interview with the usual behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would succeed in this role since you have no experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process included initial introduction and breif explanation of my interviewers jobs and the job I would be expected to fill. I then was asked to walk through my resume. Following a comprehensive summary of my experiences and leadership, the interviewers asked several behavioral based questions regarding the position and ended by asking if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• I was never asked to just walk through my resume without being probed by questions.   1 Answer

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics (Aurora, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone screen followed by onsite panel interview (4 employees). Total time from phone screen to job offer was about 2 months. Panel interview was good opportunity to ask questions of the Cabot employees.

Interview Questions

• How do you use strategic thinking in your current role?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

One phone interview with manager; technical plus experience and courses.
    Second interview: Panel: With 6 experienced professionals mainly on behavioral. Very long interview. Explain situations with examples.
    Third phone interview: again technical and HR types

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cabot Microelectronics (Dallas, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

At first, received a mail asking for a HR interview schedule. HR interview was basically about past projects, about relocation, salary, availability, etc.. and then I was recommended for technical interview where 4 members interviewed me over the phone. The interview was again a deeper dig into my projects, resume and the skills that I knew. I was denied an offer and I was told in the follow-up that another person's skills matched their needs better.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular. All we have to do is to clearly explain about the projects that we did.   Answer Question