Cadence Design Systems Application Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.9

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Plano, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied on Cadence career website. The position was for Plano, Texas. After a few weeks, got an email from Director - Technical Field Operations. A call was scheduled for 30-45 mins the next day. This was a kind of back ground check from the same person. In the following week, 4 calls were scheduled (as I live outside of USA), one each day for 45 mins to 1 hour. A couple of weeks later, when I asked regarding the update of interview process, I was told that I would be required to work for Cadence in my home country for 12 months prior to processing of the needed US immigration application.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cadence Design Systems

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. I spoke to 6 different people, including the manager that I am now working for. I was introduced to the team later on after the interview had finished and treated very nicely by everyone.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview

The process took 3 weeks - first interviews (about 4) where on the phone - with one onsite at Irvine, CA. The people were great - friendly environment and very accommodating. Overall a very positive experience. Mostly behaviorial questions with few resume related ones.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process lasted all day. The morning session tested compatibility with the team members and a casual lunch. The afternoon sessions involved technical aspects of the job. Overall, the experience was great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

short phone interview with simple questions on resume like how much do you know about PERL, verilog etc.
    confirmed for onsite interview immediately
    onsite : 3 rounds
    1st 45 min didn't involve any questions, just discussion about position
    2nd 1 hr heavily on PERL and my experience in scripting
    3rd 1.5 hrs on verilog, FSM, basic SystemVerilog and discussion about position
    2nd and 3rd round were mostly coding on white board.

The hiring manager was really nice. Although I could not get an offer, he was extremely helpful and offered me feedback about my interview and we are still in touch.

Interview Questions

• draw FSM for 4 bit counter with load, reset
      write verilog code for it
      perl regex questions   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview

Initial 2 hour phone interview when the manager was convinced and short listed me for an on-site.
    The on site interview was for 7 rounds one hour each.
    Was interviewed by the entire team one by one.
    Had to use a white board to sketch and explain concepts. Mostly revolved around my projects and also certain fundamental concepts were tested.

Interview Questions

• Covered entire Digital VLSI and RTL2GDSII flow, pseudo-codes, Power optimization, Physical Design, Timing Analysis, Perl, antenna effect.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview

I first had a phone interview where they asked me my background, my previous job experience and some projects I was envolved in. Later i had an onsite interview where 4 interviewers asked me more detailed technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

meet with the manager and members of the team provide experience give reason why leaving current employer answer detailed questions about Cadence products and uses provide answers to questions on how you would interact with customers

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a hostile customer   1 Answer

Application Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

A short Phone Interview with manager, followed by on site interview. The people at cadence are very nice and professional. It was a nice experience.

Application Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

We had talked about my resume, and the work I had done previously with my former company. The interviewer went into details of the Cadence tool for which the AE would be responsible for if he were to get the job. In the end, they found other interviewees with more experience with that particular Cadence Tool.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the common errors you come across while using the cadence tool   1 Answer