Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions in Chelmsford, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Met with three sets of people in person at the Chelmsford office then with another person in person at a coffee shop in Boston. I had been recommended by a former colleague, so I was not quizzed as much as most candidates would be.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any technical questions beyond describing my previous work experience. It was very pleasant.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

Hiring: The time between being contacted for the first time and receiving a final decision regarding an offer/rejection was about one month. During this time were phone, Skype, and in-person interviews.

Interviews: There were three interviews.

The first one was a phone-interview with one of the HR representatives, and also the first time I was contacted by Cadence. They asked general questions such as: "Where did you hear about Cadence?", "Why would you like to work here?", "What sort of work/hobbies have you done that have given you experience that can be used at Cadence".

The second interview was a set of 3 Skype video-interviews with people from the team I would be working with. These were 30-minute back-to-back interviews. The questions here were more technical-oriented, but appropriate for Skype. I.e., nothing that required me to draw or type out code. All answerable verbally.

The third and interview was an in-person interview. I flew out from another state, and Cadence provided all the logistics for getting there (Plane tickets, rental, hotel. They did a fantastic job). This interview lasted from about 9:00AM to 3:00PM. Lunch was included. I spoke with several different people over the course of this session, and about 3/4ths of questions were technical.
    Because of the highly-visual nature of what Cadence does (EDA), the majority of these questions were about 2D/Computational Geometry and working through problems related to it.

Overall, the interviews were very pleasant. I did not feel rushed during the technical parts.

Tips for the Reader:

Phone Interview: They may end up calling first before contacting via email: be able to genuinely answer the questions mentioned above.

Skype Interview: Business-casual is fine. Now is the time to screen-share and show any programming projects/demos (for ~5 minutes).

In-Person Interview: There were some basic coding exercises that I had to do relating to syntax for C/C++. Most of the technical interviewing was about solving problems and seeing how I approached them. I enjoyed using a whiteboard to draw out the various geometrical problems and work through them. I was offered the chance to explain one of my own projects through code, but it was just easier to draw out how it worked.

Fantastic process overall.

Interview Questions

• Geometry problem that I had never seen or thought of before.   1 Answer

Principal Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and proficient. Multiple smaller interviews were held throughout a few week span. HR and hiring managers were very responsive to questions/comments/concerns throughout the entire process. All follow-ups and phone calls post interview were professional and educational. I would rate the whole process as painless.

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of telephonic interview followed by 5 rounds of technical interview
    1st round of telephonic interview was technical followed by another round with more detailed overview of position
    Then onsite interview was interactive and all the interviewers had different topics to discuss

Interview Questions

• Questions on Data structure puzzles and some questions on C and C++   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

40-minute telephone interview, invited back to on-site interview of 3.5 hours, consisting of 30-minute presentation of one's choice and three, 1-hour panel interviews with 3 managers and several marketing staff members.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PCB design and the Cadence software line? Specifically, Allegro, OrCad and Sigrity?   Answer Question

Product Management Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

The process began with several phone screen calls both with HR and several key individuals from the team I would be joining. After several weeks I was told that the hiring manager would like me to come in for a round of face-to-face interviews. As I was currently employed by another company, Cadence was very accommodating with regards to the timing. There were six face-to-face interviews, which made for a long day, but the process was well organized and everyone tried to stay on-time as best they could. Overall the process was very good and I was really able to get a good feel for the people I would be working closest with. Due to my background in the industry, the questions where very specific and direct.

Interview Questions

• How would you change our positioning/messaging strategy due to the increased pressure from a prospects IT department?   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted by HR, onsite interview, met 5 people half hour each. Interview was easy and mostly behavior questions and past projects. turned out to be a waste of time. There was no HR round and no communication after the interview for 1 month. Director showed the place of work and cubicle as if they were gonna hire and current salary was asked.

Interview Questions

• OpenGL, Doubly Linked List, Inheritance, debug the code in c++   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

The process began with a call from their in-house corporate recruiter. He found me via my LinkedIn Profile. The recruiter's screening questions aligned well with the role's requirements. Shortly afterward, the recruiter scheduled a phone-screen with the hiring manager. The hiring manager clearly knew what he needed in a candidate and the conversation topics matched the specifics in the job description. Another week or so passed before the on-site interview where I met three managers in one-on-one meetings. Two weeks later they shared their offer with me.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions for the role   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I met 5 guys one by one in 5 hours and I was asked briefly about the company I worked before, in details, what kind of projects I took part and what skills I used. They did show me some codes and asked to find errors, possible memory corruption and how to optimize that code.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

meet with the manager and members of the team provide experience give reason why leaving current employer answer detailed questions about Cadence products and uses provide answers to questions on how you would interact with customers

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a hostile customer   1 Answer