Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.9

WFO Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter regarding the position availability. Later hiring manager contacted me to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was done and in 2 days hiring manager emailed me that they could not offer that role to me.

Interview Questions

• It was a technical interview. Hiring manager asked me about static timing analysis like what is setup time, hold time? What are those violations? What is clock skew and its causes etc?,   Answer Question

EDA Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

It was a 30-minute phone interview.
    The hiring manager asked very basic interview questions.
    He mainly asked questions based on C++ programming
    Did not need employee referral even though I was applying for entry level position.

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview

Hiring manager called me for a first round phone interview. Hiring manager was 15 minutes late calling me, no email to inform me at all. Not only was this person late, sounded like they were driving on the road! Completely unprofessional. This is not the type of supervisor I would ever want to work for. Mind you, an interview is a two-way street to discuss potential fit, it's not one sided. Perhaps it is just this department/manager, but a red flag for me.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Plano, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied on Cadence career website. The position was for Plano, Texas. After a few weeks, got an email from Director - Technical Field Operations. A call was scheduled for 30-45 mins the next day. This was a kind of back ground check from the same person. In the following week, 4 calls were scheduled (as I live outside of USA), one each day for 45 mins to 1 hour. A couple of weeks later, when I asked regarding the update of interview process, I was told that I would be required to work for Cadence in my home country for 12 months prior to processing of the needed US immigration application.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2017.

Interview

Got an email from HR to schedule an interview with Hiring manager. Hiring manager gave a short intro about the position, he was from the team they want to recruit. Asked some basic Data structure and C++ questions. Data structures questions were easy. C++ questions were kind of core questions, as I did not brush up properly, was not sure about some of the questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2017.

Interview

HR setup a phone interview. Guy during the phone interview was a robot, did not introduce himself and continually spouted off technical questions. The interview was very cold and awkward, and I learned nothing about the position or even the company, and he offered no feedback.

Interview Questions

• How do you gaurantee a segfault?   1 Answer

Product Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

First was a phone screen and next step was an interview on-site. The interview process was a day long and all the team members, local and off-site interviewed, some in-person, some through the phone. The entire process went smooth.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work with us? What is your research on?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter after he saw my resume through Indeed. He set up a phone interview . The process took about a week. The questions were basic questions related to the position. Asked in general about C++,STL,basic SQL .

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in January 2017.

Interview

A recruiter from contacted me for the role through LinkedIn.
    The first round was a 30 mins phone screen by the hiring manager. Questions asked on the resume and projects. A few basic questions on C.
    The second round was 3 hours technical interview by 4 interviewers. Whiteboard interview on C involving questions on data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Questions were C coding questions including data structures and algorithms.   Answer Question

Product Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got an email from HR to schedule an interview with Hiring manager. Phone Interview with the hiring manager went very well. Asked detailed information about my background and Internship experience. No technical questions were asked. Onsite interview was scheduled after a month. It was for about 2 hours with 2 different interviewers. Interviewers asked me questions related to resume, background and experience.