Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in January 2017.

Interview

A recruiter from contacted me for the role through LinkedIn.
    The first round was a 30 mins phone screen by the hiring manager. Questions asked on the resume and projects. A few basic questions on C.
    The second round was 3 hours technical interview by 4 interviewers. Whiteboard interview on C involving questions on data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Questions were C coding questions including data structures and algorithms.   Answer Question

Principal Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

interview process was standard - technical phone interview followed by five hour onsite interview, candidates were chosen correctly for interview - relevant people whom you will work with if you are selected.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in December 2016.

Interview

Well conducted. Consisted of successive phone interviews. Well co-ordinated and well-represpented. The interviewers were friendly and professional. Lot of questions on the resume and a few on describing concepts or tools

Intern Interview

Interview

They did not ask anything about my background or my past projects. Purely technical questions related to the job.

Senior Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a week later I got email requesting for phone interview.
    1 phone interview, 2 onsite interviews, Recruiter contacting, offer all process in 3 -4 weeks.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview where I answered questions about my resume. I was asked to describe any projects I had done with the relevant programming languages to the position. I was then asked some technical questions, mainly about data structures and memory features about the relevant programming languages. The interviewer was very friendly and enjoyable to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Explain a seg fault and how would I guarantee a seg fault in C?   1 Answer

Principal Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

A good mixture of behavioral and technical questions. The interviewers were friendly and articulated the questions as well as the job position very well. It was a positive experience overall.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I contacted a current Cadence employee and indicated I was looking for a new opportunity.He introduced me to his supervisor and discussed my background and the teams charter. There was an immediate connection in terms of my background and the current team needs. I then went through a formal interview with members of the team and other influencers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how to approach a customer issue with validating a complex clocking structure.   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a series of phone interviews over the course of 6 weeks and then an onsite interview with several technologists, a business development person who I would be working with on a daily basis and with my eventual manager. After the onsite interview, I spoke with HR via phone to answer typical HR questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer situation where you had to persuade the decision makers to consider your approach. What did you do?   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I received a screening call that consisted of only 3 questions. Then I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. A week later I can onsite to be interviewed by 4 people and to talk to the group director.

Interview Questions

• How do you calculate the absolute value of the difference of two numbers?   Answer Question