Cover image for Cadence Design Systems

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Cadence Design Systems Software Engineer II Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 626 interviews

Employee Referral14%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Cadence Design Systems

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in Jul 2019

Interview

Total 4 technical rounds were taken followed by last HR round.After that offer was given. They maily asked questions related to SV, UVM and C language. Asked to solve some small coding questions as well.

Interview Questions
  • Write code to find, given number is big ending or not
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in Mar 2019

Interview

I interviewed with 4 different groups which was helpful for getting an overview of different roles in the company. Initially, I applied for one position, but several HR recruiters got back to me quickly, which was awesome compared to other companies that seem not to care. Mostly questions about C++ and lots of questions related to graph algorithms. There is a spectrum of groups from legacy products/code that are being optimized to new products. Some of the groups have harder interviews than others, but preparing for standard algo questions should get you there. Also, some groups have an emphasis on parallelism and distributed systems/scheduling, which would also be good to brush up on.

Interview Questions
  • What is the advantages of using an adjacency list versus adjacency matrix?
1 person found this interview helpful

70 Comments

Tech

412.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Cadence Design Systems~1217
Join the conversation on