Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview

Was not offered a position after first interview due to no experience with Cadence tools. Found another job using Cadence tools and after a year I was hired. The interview was with the hiring manager and just one other engineer. Some very tough questions regarding my design experience and knowledge of the tools. They were very professional and the culture seemed like a great fit.

Interview Questions

• I was asked specific questions regarding PCB layout including how to handle differential pairs, constraints, multi-level highly complex PCBs.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview

Took intern before full-time job.
    Show your passion and will be working hard.

Interview Questions

• Data structure problems. Good introduction to your past project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Design/Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

campus, + on site

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview

phone interview with a senior manager..was briefed on some of the technologies that CDS is working on. Later was asked some brief tech questions from circuit design, logic design fundamentals

Interview Questions

• why does one use a header and not a footer for power gating   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview

Interview process was okay. Was interviewed by 5 people and it was through video conferencing. Main questions were related to system verilog.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview

was never formally interviewed by Cadence. The manager hired me used to work in the same company in my previous job. So we know each other very well. Also, being educated as an electrical engineer, I was very familiar with Cadence's product and line of business. So I took the opportunity to join and moved on to negotiation of salary.

Interview Questions

Interview

HR found the resume from monster can emailed me the job information. scheduled an interview with the manager. Then an easy on-site interview. the whole process is smooth. They really need to fill the position.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

very relaxed conversation with manager. no stress really.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview

Applied through a referral process, took about the week

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview

I first had a phone interview where they asked me my background, my previous job experience and some projects I was envolved in. Later i had an onsite interview where 4 interviewers asked me more detailed technical questions.