Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2017

Senior Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Cary, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Initially contacted by HR to setup phone screen. Phone screen with a small group. Asked to explain/hi-light former experience. Next step was onsite interview from 9am to 4:30pm. Interviewed with different team members throughout day. Overall was a pleasant process, everyone was personable throughout the process. Technical questions were relevant and not esoteric.

Interview Questions

• How would one model a specific analog function? Basically, how would you derive the digital filter equivalent for specific analog functionality.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had applied online for the role in the end of March 2017. In the mid of April 2017, I got a mail from the HR asking to interview for the position. I had my first technical interview with a team member. The interview was quite challenging as the role requires in-depth knowledge of computer architecture and scripting skills. The second interview was a week later, with the manager of the team. This was a mix of both technical and just general discussions about my experience and capabilities. I received a mail asking for a call with the lead recruiter for the team a couple of days later. He extended the internship offer to me.

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple. First I met the hiring manager and was interviewed for about an hour. Cadence actually looks for your skill set and your willingness to take responsibility and learn.
    The second round was on site with the team members and it was very informative. They were friendly comforting and open minded. It was mostly related to work experience and questions on SystemVerilog.

Interview Questions

• Questions on SystemVerilog and Digital Verification   1 Answer

Computer Vision Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

There were basically two rounds of technical interview and questions were basically based upon my projects , my concepts and also on the projects I was being hired for. I was tested for my conceptual understanding and clarity of concepts in computer vision and system design. It was clearly indicated that job would require lots of novice learning experience and a motivated and faster learning curve would be appreciated.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected question, but there were few tricky and testing one. One was to describe the functionality and usage of LRN normalization layer in AlexNet .   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screen with my manager, another phone screen with software architect , onsite interview comprising of 5 rounds, 5 people , 1-on-1. Manager called me with an offer within an hour.

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

40-minute telephone interview, invited back to on-site interview of 3.5 hours, consisting of 30-minute presentation of one's choice and three, 1-hour panel interviews with 3 managers and several marketing staff members.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PCB design and the Cadence software line? Specifically, Allegro, OrCad and Sigrity?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I spoke with my hiring manager, completed two phone interviews, and then went on site in San Jose to interview with the team. We meshed quite well and I was offered a position on the team that I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Given a FILE* object and a desired number of bytes to be read from it, implement a reentrant function to read the file, utilizing a buffer.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Quick response from recruiter, phone interview went smoothly, 1st round interview on site with a panel, 2nd round onsite with hiring manager. All interviewers were pleasant and really wanted to get you know you the person.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2017.

Interview

Got an email from HR to schedule an interview with Hiring manager. Hiring manager gave a short intro about the position, he was from the team they want to recruit. Asked some basic Data structure and C++ questions. Data structures questions were easy. C++ questions were kind of core questions, as I did not brush up properly, was not sure about some of the questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2017.

Interview

HR setup a phone interview. Guy during the phone interview was a robot, did not introduce himself and continually spouted off technical questions. The interview was very cold and awkward, and I learned nothing about the position or even the company, and he offered no feedback.

Interview Questions

• How do you gaurantee a segfault?   1 Answer