Cadence Design Systems Lead Applications Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cadence Design Systems Lead Applications Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cadence Design Systems

3.1

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn, followed by phone screen with the Hiring Manager. Within couple of weeks received a call to appear for an on-site interview.

The time between being contacted for the first time and receiving a final decision regarding an offer/rejection was about one month.

Interview Questions

• Explain your Master's Thesis in layman's language, How do you handle challenging situations etc   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cadence Design Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I got this interview via employee referral. Firstly there was one phone screen. Followed by half a day long onsite interview. Verbal offer in a week and actual offer in another 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Multicycle constraint, ECSM, CCS, BFS, DFS, constraints, DRV, setup, hold, late, early, CPRR, pulse latches, SOCV, POCV, ILM, ETM, spice correlation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Cadence HR approached me on LinkedIn for a Lead Application Engineer position and bought me on site for technical interview which was carried by four different managers from different Engineering domains. Al though the interview was challenging I liked their work ethic and the way they demonstrated my duties. Interviewers covered a broad range of questions from technical, personality and critical thinking.

Interview Questions

• You know your tool doesn't support the features customer is asking for. How do you approach your customer and how are you going to solve his problem? And last but not least, What precautions do you take to keep the business relationship alive.   1 Answer
    • Many technical questions related to RCX, CKT Sim and LVS   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1. There were 5 rounds. The whole process took 1.5 months before I received the offer letter.
    2. The interview is to make sure how good you fit into the role, not to test if you know something or not.
    3. The hiring manager was very prompt in following-up and sending updates of the process, in case if you are one of the potential candidates under consideration for offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Role play scenario between customer-vendor to resolve a case request posed
      2. Technical interests and the experience
      3. Technical questions - Verilog, System Verilog, UVM
      4. Questions specific to the technical side of the role you are interviewed for
      5. Hiring manager interview to understand your ability to fit into the role   2 Answers

Lead Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview

The interview process was very fast. The whole process took about 2 weeks. Most of the questions were technical and related to physical design. The staff was friendly and easy going. The process started with the phone interview followed by 1:1 onsite interviews with hiring manager, staff AEs and sales managers. The hiring manager clearly explained the job duties and expectations.

Interview Questions

• There were couple of difficult questions about LVS and schematic driven layout.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because the offer was very reasonable. Recruiter negotiated with the hiring manager to get the best offer.

Lead Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2011.

Interview

I got hired into a location outside the US, through campus placement. The project never got started there and hence I was given an option to work in the US. Had to go through the interview process once again and it went very well. Had a phone interview and a personal interview with people at that site. Then got the offer and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is most interesting in the semi conductor industry   1 Answer

Lead Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in June 2010.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Total 5 rounds including HR.

Lead Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

Two rounds of telephonic interviews and 3 F2F interviews apart from manager, director and HR rounds. The whole process took around a month.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are related to SV and OVM. Multi channel sequences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was on par with industry package. Had to negotiate on joining bonus.