Cadence Design Systems Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cadence Design Systems Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied online or on company portal; I don't remember.
About a month later I got a call from the hiring manager and was asked basic OOP related questions. Was a pretty relaxed conversation and lasted about 45 minutes.
Got an email the next day requesting an onsite interview.
The onsite interview was pretty easy compared to other interviews I'd given so far.
But I was applying to a New Grad position; so they probably didn't expect too much.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic coding: check if string is a palindrome, come up with test cases for a rectangle overlap function, explain AVL trees and find bugs in given code   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cadence Design Systems

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

HR found the resume from monster can emailed me the job information. scheduled an interview with the manager. Then an easy on-site interview. the whole process is smooth. They really need to fill the position.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

There was one written test round and then three rounds of interviews. Out of these the first two were taken by the team leaders and the last one was by the director.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

Hiring is easy, C, C++, Data structures questions. 2 or more rounds of interviews. One phone screening, one or more technical onsite face to face interviews getting to know the technical skills of the candidate. When shortlisted, an interview with Manager and HR manager for negotiating the salary and all.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Noida (India)).

Interview

Good knowledge in VLSI flow
    Good knowledge in Analog and digital basic flows

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation done

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Noida (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

It consists of 3 rounds - 2 technical and 1 HR. Technical was of average difficulty. Mainly asked about OOPS concept. Asked simple interview questions + some problem solving questions.
    Second technical was by manager. Asked basic questions and told the overview of product. Overall, it was a good experience.
    HR round was also simple. Discussed about "why do you want to leave".... Also, discussed about salary part.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pudong, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Pudong, Shanghai (China)) in January 2010.

Interview

Technical test and interview about ID design flow

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (New Delhi (India)) in December 2009.

Interview

There was a panel of interviewers from different groups. They asked difficult questions about C/C++, data-structures.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2009.

Interview

Should have gone with telephonic interview in india by one or two quick technical rounds followed by US telephonic interview.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in October 2008.

Interview

simple process , not too many rounds .. usual questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR was stubborn