Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

EDA Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Contacted by HR to schedule an interview with the manager. I applied online and got the response in 15 days. The questions were staright forward and i answered them well, even the manager appreciated my answers. But they sent me a reject mail after making me wait for 3 weeks and the HR did not even reply for my follow up email. Overall the questions were easy but the manager and the HR seems irresponsible.

Interview Questions

• Alogorithms and data structures questions regarding linked list, array etc. questions in C++ concepts mostly in pointers.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview was very detail oriented about C++ & OOP programming knowledge, 6 hours of interviews, 2 interviewers at a time for 1 hour a piece. Lots of writing code on whiteboards and answering obscure trivia about languages. They were also very interested in past work I had done working with the OpenAccess Database and the SKILL language.

Interview Questions

• An unexpected question was: "You and I are playing russian roulette and I load two bullets into a 6 chambered revolver in adjacent chambers. I go first, and nothing happens. Now you can either pull the trigger as is, or spin the chambers for a 'random' chance. What do you do and why?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were simple, they gave me a first offer, I countered and they submitted to all requirements except vacation. They would not budge on vacation, but increased the offer 8% and double the relocation package.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2010.

Interview

Search in Trie data structure, some array qs, searching & sorting, puzzles - bridge crossing, Puzzle - probability based. Lot of C++ questions in details as I was interviewed for C++ developer position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR was arrogant and rude. No negotiation.