Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.9

Staff Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview took about 4 hrs and in general it went well. The interviewers are reasonable and asked realistic and relevant questions. Meet with solid engineer that deal with cutting edge design. To me Cadence is expending and they sincerely attracting talents.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on what I wrote in the resume. And approaches to solve issue and to a certain degree the "philosophy" of how to resolve difficult issue.   Answer Question

Product Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got an email from HR to schedule an interview with Hiring manager. Phone Interview with the hiring manager went very well. Asked detailed information about my background and Internship experience. No technical questions were asked. Onsite interview was scheduled after a month. It was for about 2 hours with 2 different interviewers. Interviewers asked me questions related to resume, background and experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

interview process was standard - technical phone interview followed by five hour onsite interview, candidates were chosen correctly for interview - relevant people whom you will work with if you are selected.

Senior Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a week later I got email requesting for phone interview.
    1 phone interview, 2 onsite interviews, Recruiter contacting, offer all process in 3 -4 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

A good mixture of behavioral and technical questions. The interviewers were friendly and articulated the questions as well as the job position very well. It was a positive experience overall.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied both through campus career center website and company website. Got an invite from HR; instead of having skype meeting, I went to the company for an interview (driving distance). Have one interview from hiring manager and his manager together, one from another manager, and last one from HR discussing benefits and so on. One week between each interview; each interview takes about 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• Why in Cadence, not other big tech companies, like Google, Fb?   Answer Question
    • A easy SQL question.   Answer Question
    • Some brief project design questions: given a situation, how will you manage the project.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a series of phone interviews over the course of 6 weeks and then an onsite interview with several technologists, a business development person who I would be working with on a daily basis and with my eventual manager. After the onsite interview, I spoke with HR via phone to answer typical HR questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer situation where you had to persuade the decision makers to consider your approach. What did you do?   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I received a screening call that consisted of only 3 questions. Then I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. A week later I can onsite to be interviewed by 4 people and to talk to the group director.

Interview Questions

• How do you calculate the absolute value of the difference of two numbers?   Answer Question

Lead Customer Engagement Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process had a phone screening by manager followed by onsite interview with six rounds.
    The interview team were well experienced, mature, positive and approachable. They encouraged to ask questions (if any) at the end of the discussions.The Cadence HR team arranged my travel and boarding arrangements.

The overall interview process was lengthier than usual (applying, onsite interview and job offer), but the interview experience was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• UVM, SV and Emulation concepts. Previous projects and issues seen in the previous projects. few digital design questions . I asked questions like team size, scope of work etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

My interview process with Cadence was very smooth and a very positive interview experience overall. Everyone was very friendly and great to talk to. The process started with some phone calls, then led to an on-site interview out in San Jose, followed up by a couple other phone calls afterwards. The hiring manager kept in constant communication, so never left me wondering what was going on.