Cadence Design Systems Senior Member of Consulting Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cadence Design Systems Senior Member of Consulting Staff Interview Questions

2.0

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Boston, MA).

Interview

They first met me at my school. I did a presentation about my PhD work. It went well because that’s my work. Soon I got an on-site interview. The interview was easy, because again it’s all about my PhD work. They also asked about how I can help them to make their product better. I described my solutions and they seemed convinced by me. Several interviewers were impressed by my work and past honors and showed strong desire of having me working there.

For technical questions, they somewhat asked algorithms while I described my work. Also, they asked software engineering questions as well.

What surprised me is that they didn’t reimburse me my travel expenses on the meals. They paid the airfare and hotel in advance, though. Not sure if Cadence always did that. But other companies I did interviews reimbursed the meals I spent. And their HRs just pretended not receiving my mails about this issue. So try to eat cheaper meals because it may be on your tab.

In the meantime, I also got some other offers from companies I liked. The HR said they’d try to meet the deadline to have the offer making process shorter. But in the end, they failed and I had to take the other offer.

What funny was that the HR later asked me to do another interview in their CA headquarter because after they reported me to their headquarter, the headquarter thought people like me should work in CA instead of Boston. Surely, I refused that because how could they change their mind so easily.

Other Interview Reviews for Cadence Design Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I was never formally interviewed by Cadence. The manager hired me used to work in the same company in my previous job. So we know each other very well. Also, being educated as an electrical engineer, I was very familiar with Cadence's product and line of business. So I took the opportunity to join and moved on to negotiation of salary.

Negotiation

Cadence internal recruiter contacted me by phone to negotiate about salary, I was able to negotiate up by about 1% of the original offer. I'm please with the process. My advice to anyone get into this phase is that: Don't be shy, ask what you want.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Asked a lot of domain knowledge.

Interview Questions