Cadence Design Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cadence Design Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2017.

Interview

Got an email from HR to schedule an interview with Hiring manager. Hiring manager gave a short intro about the position, he was from the team they want to recruit. Asked some basic Data structure and C++ questions. Data structures questions were easy. C++ questions were kind of core questions, as I did not brush up properly, was not sure about some of the questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cadence Design Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview where I answered questions about my resume. I was asked to describe any projects I had done with the relevant programming languages to the position. I was then asked some technical questions, mainly about data structures and memory features about the relevant programming languages. The interviewer was very friendly and enjoyable to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Explain a seg fault and how would I guarantee a seg fault in C?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview

Quite crisp and to the point; Frank conversation on my capabilities and their requirements; My profile was exactly matching their requirements and so it was a smooth sail; The interviewer, who was also my manager later during my intern, was very friendly as well

Interview Questions

• About my projects and a one or two technical questions regarding them; Asked me if I was willing to travel to East Coast from California and some logistics based questions as well   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had three rounds of phone interview, that spanned during a three weeks period. and received the internship offer a week after the third phone interview. The interview process was very pleasant. They thoroughly explained my job duties and the projects they were working on, to make sure that I will have a good picture about what I will be expecting to learn, and what are the outcomes and results of the internship. Also, they take their interns very seriously, to the point where I would say that they consider me more like a regular employee with full-on duties and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• As I am a Ph.D. candidate, they asked me detailed questions about my research and the expected outcomes from it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone call for 30 mins with the hiring manager
    Onsite interview with the team from 9 am to 4 pm. I met with around 5 people belonging to their team. The job I was applying for got filled internally.

Interview Questions

• 1. How could you do a simple addition of individual elements of two arrays and store into a third?
      2. Can you use the same solution for Circular Hough Transform?
      3. Given a 2D matrix with all black blocks how to convert it into a checker board as efficiently as possible? (think memory)
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted by Cadence recruiter. Initial phone call interview went through my past working experience.
    On-site interview with 4 interviewers. The questions ranged from basic data structure and algorithm (such as different ways of implementing fibonacci number and its complexity, C++ STL sorting) questions to advanced problem solving relevant to the project that the team was working on.
    Most of the questions were not typical ones that can be found on the internet, but were all fair and what you can answer if you're thinking logically.
    Interviewers seemed to find out how I think, not necessarily evaluating me based on correct answers.
    I enjoyed the technical conversations during the interview.

Interview Questions

• how to get a list of coordinates that represent the outline of multiple buildings if they were represented by a tuple of (start-x coordinate, end-x coordinate, height). Buildings can be overlapped.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2016.

Interview

Only one round phone interview. The interview included a lot of data structure and algorithm questions. Besides, the manager also asked about course related and research project and experience. Some questions included operating system, script, and coding style. The interview was very pleasant and the conversation was really helpful.

Interview Questions

• What's the pros and cons of using macro?
      What's system call? Did you use system call before?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied Cadence internship by an employee referral. After the submission, I waited about 1 week then got a phone call from team manager, and had a 30 min background interview.

Interview Questions

• My research experience, coding ability(not an online coding test), interest and motivation for Cadence.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in February 2016.

Interview

One phone screen with recruiter, and three short phone interviews. The interviews were for an undergrad software engineering intern position. The recruiter at first is not on-site, so could not give me very many specific details. The people that I was interviewed by were very kind and friendly.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

6 people, 3 hours, half an hour each. Not too bad. i had fun. basic questions on algorithms and data structures, implementing logic gates using multiplexers, verilog code for them, etc. the manager was very nice, as were the team members. i also found a long lost friend in the company who works for a different team, but same location. been having loads of fun working here.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations