Caesars Entertainment Interview Questions in Joliet, IL | Glassdoor

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caesars Entertainment (Joliet, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

After a phone interview with a recruiter, I was brought in for what they call the Panel Interview. This was with a group of potential new hires and 3 or 4 company managers. We (recruits) had to interview and introduce one another to the group. Then individually we had to share something that was from our favorite bit of pop culture. Some people sang, shared pieces of stand up comedy, or quoted movie scenes. It was fun, but odd. Harrah's wants to know that all their employees in customer service positions aren't shy, and basically know they are always on stage. If you pass the panel, then you have a "normal" face to face interview with the department manager for whichever department you have applied to.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you have an unruly customer that starts raising their voice in front of other guests?   Answer Question

Table Games Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caesars Entertainment (Joliet, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Went through a panel interview with 5 management individuals. Went through multiple lines of questions in which other people interviewing answered the same questions. After the panel there was an interview with the department manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you went above and beyond at work.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caesars Entertainment (Joliet, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied on their website in 2012, and was invited to be interviewed roughly two weeks later. It's a bit different than what most people might expect. Since Harrah's is in the entertainment business, they want everyone to have people skills. You go into a room with a three person panel and others who are being interviewed (I was interviewed with roughly ten or twelve others). You are asked to do things like do an impersonation of a celebrity, and act out a commercial for a candy bar. The "answer" is just to show them that you can have fun with it. If you appear like you are personable and are enjoying yourself, you'll pass this part. You then interview with the manager for your area. This part of the process is more of what people expect from an interview. I was asked some general questions about my resume and experience.The recruiter actually recommended me for a better job than what I applied for, which was nice. Just a heads up, you need to be licensed by the state to work at a casino. Harrah's pretty much handles this for you, but you will get a thorough background check, so be honest.

Interview Questions

• Do an impersonation of your favorite celebrity.   1 Answer

Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Caesars Entertainment (Joliet, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Human Resources makes the call, and they seen like very nice people; they just aren't flexible whatsoever, so if you really need the job, be prepared to WIPE out any previously made arrangements because they do not work around schedules. The interviews were fun (panel interview) and the 1:1 interview with the department manager was your typical interview (basic questions asked).

Drug test consists of you going to a clinic they pick (another day off your schedule) to get a hair sample taken [they cut hairs close to the scalp].

Background check involves fingerprinting and paperwork (another day you have to work around on your schedule) and possible uniform fitting.

Orientation is a 3 day process that goes all day for the most part and you cannot miss it (sucks if you have no openings in your schedule - once again); only done on certain days and at certain times.

Interview Questions

• What was the reason for your discharge from your last job?   1 Answer
    • Any questions for me?   1 Answer

Casino Table Games Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Caesars Entertainment (Joliet, IL) in April 2008.

Interview

Be prepared to smile and tell jokes. They are huge into customer service and secret shoppers. You will be evaluated in practically anything and everything you do. You will also be required to pass different assessment tests pending on level of position.

Interview Questions

• I asked to tell a joke in orientation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I received 2000 more than offered.