Caiman Consulting Corp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Caiman Consulting Corp

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Caiman Consulting Corp (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

I was approached by the senior recruiter if I was interested, I said yes and then after couple of to and fro emails I was set up with junior recruiter who had no technical background. In fact she had a culinary background and moved from office manager position (by this time we were connected on LinkedIn). Interview was routine, but was promised that I will be provided immediate update and feedback after talking to senior recruiter. There was a total silence in spite of my two emails. Then I saw same position posted on LinkedIn by senior recruiter and then I requested her for an update. However got a reply from junior recruiter that client has hired someone, which doesn't look like the case. I do not like these games, I can totally understand if I miss some skill set or I was not selected by client for whatever reason but be clear and frank – tell me what I need to focus and improve. Do not waste my or your time or train junior recruiter on my expense. Lack of clear honest feedback and not following the time lines is the reason I am rating the interview as Negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself/What are you doing now/Will you relocate/ Have you worked with clients directly/ Have you managed clients/ What is your experience is infrastructure/ What is your experience in Banking (kind of odd question as in my profile and Resume it is clear that I had not worked in Banking)   1 Answer

Caiman Consulting Corp Response

Feb 8, 2016 – Operations & HR Manager

We apologize for any miscommunication there may have been, when we informed you the role was filled it truly was. There was no intention to mislead you or waste your time. We really appreciate your... More

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caiman Consulting Corp (Bellevue, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

The process started with an initial phone screen of potential fit to role, company, culture - a good approach and I liked the addition of "culture" as its critical for a smaller company.

From the phone screen this moved to a 2:1 interview with the recruiter as well as a consulting manager. Great conversation, good "asks" about my background, experiences, and consulting specifics for most challenging situation, etc. Also had a chance to ask questions about the company and learn about company direction and internal opportunities and growth.

The final stage was two separate 1:1's with the local Managing Director, and that was more specific to role fit, expectations, and my career interests. This was also an open dialogue and great opportunity to learn specifics on strategy and management approach.

Overall the entire process was exceptional and in my professional career it ranks as one of the best - I would recommend candidates come prepared to know the company, practice areas, know what you want to do in your career, and be ready to talk about more than just the role.

Interview Questions

• 1. Explain the most challenging consulting experience you ever faced and how did you manage it through resolution.
      2. Describe your work style and how you like to work in a team.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caiman Consulting Corp in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process is time intensive. They want you to meet with a variety of people to make sure you are a good fit for Caiman. They want to see how you think on your feet, how you handle different situations, all because it will tell them how you'll handle difficult client situations. If you're looking for just another contract Caiman is not for you, as it is not a staffing firm.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation with your client? With multiple follow up questions to push you to provide a specific, actionable approach. You won't get away with a standard, short answer. You'll need to show you can think through the situation and show multiple ways to address it. It's not hard, you just need to be thorough and smart.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was easy. Once I received the offer things moved quickly. It was a far easier, faster process than the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Caiman Consulting Corp (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

The process is very transparent and quick. I experienced 3-rounds of interviews.

First, you go through an initial phone screen, followed by an in-person 2:1 interview with HR. They'll share with you the job description, check your references and make sure you'll be a good fit for the company (culture and values).
    Second, you interview with the managers or colleagues you will be working with, they'll go over your background and experiences before digging into more specific challenging questions or situations. Once, this second round is successfully completed, you'll get more specific information about the company's benefits and incentive programs as well as the client/customer you might be working for.
    Lastly, you interview with the client/customer you will be working for. If everything goes well, then you get an offer.

It's a very effective and fast job hiring process.

Interview Questions

• More than the questions, be ready to share real deliverables or example documents of your work.
      You'll need to provide these either before or after the 2nd cycle of interviews.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Caiman Consulting Corp (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The talent acquisition team reached out to me regarding a few available roles that I was a potential fit for. The initial phone call was very professional and we walked through Caiman's history & trajectory, the company culture, my professional background and specifics on the available engagements. I was very impressed with the candor and emphasis on cultural fit during our conversation.

The next step was a phone call with a senior manager where we discussed more about how my prior experience may fit into one of the available positions. This interview was really informative and I learned more about the project itself.

The final step was a call with the managing director and senior manager. This interview was similar to the second round interview in that we focused on the specific requirements for the project and my professional background.

This engagement had a quick turn-around time and I received an offer the day after the third interview. The acquisition and HR team were amazing in getting me quickly onboarded and getting all the necessary documentation filled out.

Overall, this was a very efficient and enjoyable interview experience and I would highly recommend taking a look at Caiman!

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering other opportunities?   1 Answer
    • How does your professional experience align with the job description?   Answer Question
    • What interested you about Caiman?   1 Answer
    • What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Caiman Consulting Corp (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter reached out, had two phone call with a senior recruiter discussing my experience and background. Had an onsite interview. Nice people. But had to decline another round because of some other plans.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in X
      Explain the difference between X and Y
      If X happens, how would you approach this issue and how would you solve it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Caiman Consulting Corp (Seattle, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was referred to Caiman by a friend who was also going through the interview process and knew I was looking for a new job. The recruiter was super nice and friendly. She is really genuine with her candidates, which is really refreshing when working with recruiters. She went through normal steps, like reviewing my background, talking about my skills, and telling me about Caiman and their unique small firm consulting model. I was sold on the company culture and consulting model right away. Caiman has all the best aspects of a small firm (i.e. local work, tight knit employee network, visibility to how the company works, flat organizational structure, etc.)

I was moved on to the next interview with one of the directors which happened 3 days after the phone interview. We met at a country club. The interview felt more like a casual conversation, again discussing my background and the benefits of Caiman Consulting. The director understood my issues from coming from a big 5 consulting firm, not wanting to travel being a big one. I got the feel that the company was shying away from the strict, grueling interview techniques that the big firms do. This took the pressure off and felt like we got to know each other on a more personal level. The 'interview' ended on a very good note.

From here, my references were checked which took about a week, and I got an offer following that.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background in program management. What are your goals for the future and how might Caiman be part of that?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Caiman Consulting Corp.

Interview

I had a positive experience interviewing with the Caiman. I reached out to a recruiter via LinkedIn, and the team was very open to meeting with me for an informational interview. After the information interview, I had several phone and in-person interviews with Consultants and Senior Managers at Caiman. The team members I met with were very enthusiastic and excited to talk about their work experiences at Caiman. I appreciated Caiman’s flexibility to meet with me via phone when I was not available in person (I lived out of state at the time). The lead recruiter would always respond to my emails within 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Caiman? What are you seeking in your next role? Describe a challenge you faced and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caiman Consulting Corp (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

While the interview process at Caiman is normally lengthy, it depends on the project and how immediate the need is. The general process requires you to meet not only with Caiman and the firm, but also with their clients. I went through numerous steps in the interview process: first going through Caiman, including a few calls/in-person interviews, then being presented to their client, including calls and in-person interviews. Everyone at Caiman is very open and friendly, and they want to make sure you are culturally a good fit for the small firm.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current role and why you may be willing to make the switch? How much experience do you have working with clients?   Answer Question