Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec

Equity Markets Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

First round was on the phone. The senior guy giving the interview opened the conversation saying ''Look, I have a few to do like this let's keep it short''... Obviously not enthusiastic about it. It really set the pace to a boring, mechanical interview (litterally read questions from a sheet of paper the entire time).

Interview Questions

• Two brain teasers, one small case using basic corporate finance knowledge, the classic ''why do you want to work here'' question.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call about 2 weeks later from HR and she invited me for an interview with the analyst and VP. The analyst was scheduled for a 1-year maternity leave and was looking for someone to replace her. They ended up giving the position to someone internally.

Interview Questions

• How was the company you previously worked for? Do you know what we do?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

A couple interview, with a little technical exercise to do at home between the two. Quite formal both times, with classical interview questions, but employees were not very prepared. One manager and human resources guy the first time. About 45 minutes. 2 senior managers the second time, and another analyst. About 1 hour. Very slow to give any news or answer, 3 weeks +.

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to the team? Where do you see yourself in 2-5 years? Name one of your biggest success/fail. What is usually your role in a team?   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

First talked to a coordinator about the job (not an interview per se), then invited me in to meet him, the HR and hiring manager.

Even though, I had the experience in this specific field, they went with someone else and didn't call me for a month to let me know.

Interview Questions

• No questions in particular, they were mostly trying to figure out my experiences and see how it would fit within their team.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Series of 3 interviews + quizz. First phone interview with HR, then in person with both HR and the team lead and lastly with the team lead and three team members. Quizz was given after the second interview, a delay of 48hrs was given to answer all questions and the answers were reviewed during the last interview with the team members. The process was very long (8 weeks) and when they called to make an offer, I had accepted another job 24hrs earlier.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

Knew the HR manager at the time from another job position elsewhere. Spoke with her on the phone about the opportunity. She asked me some questions as to how I thought I would qualify for the position. I replied with zeal and enthusiasm.

Interview Questions

• How would you add to the job description?
      What are your expectations?
      What would you like to do, eventually?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation