Calamos Asset Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.8

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Calamos Asset Management (Naperville, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a short telephone interview with an lower level associate. It was just to give me some more information and to see if I would be a good fit. She said she would pass me along to a higher level attorney to see if he wanted to do another interview. However, he did not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for this position.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calamos Asset Management.

Interview

Received notice of posting via college website, applied online and received an email scheduling innitial phone screen call later that week, the phone call lasted 5 minutes and it seemed GPA was their main concern

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Calamos Asset Management (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted to speak about a position. The first phone interview led to a very clear appointment of a second phone interview the next day. This was not tentative; it was a clear agreement that I would receive a call to talk further at a specifically set time. I sent a polite reminder email after waiting 45 minutes. Still no response 2 days later.

There is no excuse for not following up (in any manner) after reaching out, scheduling an appointment, and wasting my time.

The comments on GlassDoor are consistent and paired with my own personal and online research have led me to believe this is not a forward thinking environment or a desirable workplace.

Interview Questions

My time was disrespected when moving forward in the interview process.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Calamos Asset Management.

Interview

I met individually with four managers for a half an hour each. Each interview was very similar, but everyone was kind and respectful. Typical interview questions. Nothing surprised me, and I felt very welcome.

Document Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Calamos Asset Management (Naperville, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

There was one phone interview and two on site interviews. The final interview with VP of Operations was more like an hour long chat. No real questions about the company or position were asked.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. I honestly don't remember.   Answer Question

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Calamos Asset Management (Naperville, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Background and sales-geared questions. Sitting with incumbent holder of position. If you pass initial phone call screening and 1:1 sit-down with manager, you get to do a mock sales call.

Business Office Hospitality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Calamos Asset Management (Naperville, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

At the final interview I had to meet with a very eccentric woman ( who is a family member ) who talked about her hair appointment, her vacations, and that she " buses tables on Easter in the restaurant" . She told me that I was over qualified for the job and she could just have one of her
    " $10.00 per our girls" help out when needed. Then she said " I plan on shutting that division down anyway, I don't want to be bothered by it"
    Nonetheless, I took another position with another company asap!
    I felt so sorry for the person who wanted to hire me, she has such a great work ethic and has a great vision for that place.

Interview Questions

• " Why would you want to work here? "   1 Answer

Investment Consultant (Sales) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Calamos Asset Management (Naperville, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen from HR recruiter consisted of cliched questions like: "tell me about yourself", "walk me through your resume", "why do you want to work for us?", "what are three desired characteristics of a great salesperson?"

In-person interview with VP of inside sales also included HR recruiter, and a intern (these two were mainly observing, and did not chime in with questions). VP peppered me with more cliched sales interview questions: "What do you know about me?" (was actually instructed to close my eyes and rattle off various "small-talk" topics based off of items in/around office), "Sell me a pen", "What are three characteristics of a successful salesperson", and "Give me an example of where you demonstrated high integrity."

After about 30 or so minutes of interviewing, I then shadowed one of their "top" producers. They had me walk through the basic functions of software used in the job, and I even listened in on a call to a customer (result was leaving a long-winded voice mail).

Lastly, I was to give a 5-10 minute presentation on a Mutual fund the company currently offers. Not only was this in front of the VP, but he invited about 15-20 people from the team to sit in, and listen (as well as critique after I had left the room) to my sales pitch .

Interview Questions

• Presenting the mutual fund in front of 15-20 people was not necessarily nerve racking, rather my ability (or perhaps inability) to "sell" or convey an effective presentation on a product that I had never sold in prior roles to an unflattering crowd.   Answer Question

Operations Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Calamos Asset Management (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Hiring process was very straight forward. Applied through company website. Met with HR, senior staff members. Behavior interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you do outside of your work, family life? This was a bit out of the normal process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation at all, I asked for a salary within a range. They gave me the number on the higher end of the range.

IT Internship Interview

Interview

Applied online. They contacted me about a month later to schedule an in person interview. During the interview I first was greeted by an HR rep then sat in an conference room and waited to be interviewed by who I would imagine would be my first contact or boss for the duration of the internship. Very nice people, basic behavioral questions such as how to deal with problems, what you do in your free time, ever deal with irate customers.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult problem I ever had to solve.   Answer Question