Calamos Investments Investment Consultant (Sales) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Calamos Investments Investment Consultant (Sales) Interview Questions

Interviews at Calamos Investments

1 Interview Review

Investment Consultant (Sales) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Calamos Investments (Naperville, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen from HR recruiter consisted of cliched questions like: "tell me about yourself", "walk me through your resume", "why do you want to work for us?", "what are three desired characteristics of a great salesperson?"

In-person interview with VP of inside sales also included HR recruiter, and a intern (these two were mainly observing, and did not chime in with questions). VP peppered me with more cliched sales interview questions: "What do you know about me?" (was actually instructed to close my eyes and rattle off various "small-talk" topics based off of items in/around office), "Sell me a pen", "What are three characteristics of a successful salesperson", and "Give me an example of where you demonstrated high integrity."

After about 30 or so minutes of interviewing, I then shadowed one of their "top" producers. They had me walk through the basic functions of software used in the job, and I even listened in on a call to a customer (result was leaving a long-winded voice mail).

Lastly, I was to give a 5-10 minute presentation on a Mutual fund the company currently offers. Not only was this in front of the VP, but he invited about 15-20 people from the team to sit in, and listen (as well as critique after I had left the room) to my sales pitch .

Interview Questions

• Presenting the mutual fund in front of 15-20 people was not necessarily nerve racking, rather my ability (or perhaps inability) to "sell" or convey an effective presentation on a product that I had never sold in prior roles to an unflattering crowd.   Answer Question