Calamos Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Calamos Investments

2.7

Portfolio Administrator/Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Calamos Investments (Naperville, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied online, then I got a phone interview where the HR rep asked basic questions about your background and why you want the position. Then had to fill out a personality test. 2 weeks later was asked to come in for an interview. Met with an HR rep, then a manager in the department I was applying for and then a supervisor. All asked about experience and qualities I possess. Didnt get past the 1st round. Would have met with 2 employees from the investment team and then a 3rd round to meet with the President.

Interview Questions

• What companies are you currently following and why are you following those specifically?   1 Answer

Portfolio Administrator/Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Calamos Investments (Naperville, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from HR after two weeks. I passed a personality test, the first 1:1 interview and made it to the 2nd round of in-person interviews. I think my lack of experience in equity research and lack of confidence (being out of work for 3 yrs) was evident in the interview and I was not selected. The people are down to earth, welcoming and some are more talkative and likable than others, but seems like a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Why would we hire you over other candidates?   1 Answer

Document Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Calamos Investments (Naperville, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

There was one phone interview and two on site interviews. The final interview with VP of Operations was more like an hour long chat. No real questions about the company or position were asked.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. I honestly don't remember.   Answer Question

Weath Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calamos Investments (Naperville, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Was largely behavioral. Focused on communication skills, ability to be personable, yet drive home details on how a portfolio based on risk posturing is affected by current market conditions.

Interview Questions

• How do you see the market playing out over 15 years, how will that affect the debt-equity shift in a retirement portfolio?   Answer Question

Investment Consultant (Sales) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Calamos Investments (Naperville, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen from HR recruiter consisted of cliched questions like: "tell me about yourself", "walk me through your resume", "why do you want to work for us?", "what are three desired characteristics of a great salesperson?"

In-person interview with VP of inside sales also included HR recruiter, and a intern (these two were mainly observing, and did not chime in with questions). VP peppered me with more cliched sales interview questions: "What do you know about me?" (was actually instructed to close my eyes and rattle off various "small-talk" topics based off of items in/around office), "Sell me a pen", "What are three characteristics of a successful salesperson", and "Give me an example of where you demonstrated high integrity."

After about 30 or so minutes of interviewing, I then shadowed one of their "top" producers. They had me walk through the basic functions of software used in the job, and I even listened in on a call to a customer (result was leaving a long-winded voice mail).

Lastly, I was to give a 5-10 minute presentation on a Mutual fund the company currently offers. Not only was this in front of the VP, but he invited about 15-20 people from the team to sit in, and listen (as well as critique after I had left the room) to my sales pitch .

Interview Questions

• Presenting the mutual fund in front of 15-20 people was not necessarily nerve racking, rather my ability (or perhaps inability) to "sell" or convey an effective presentation on a product that I had never sold in prior roles to an unflattering crowd.   Answer Question

Business Office Hospitality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Calamos Investments (Naperville, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

At the final interview I had to meet with a very eccentric woman ( who is a family member ) who talked about her hair appointment, her vacations, and that she " buses tables on Easter in the restaurant" . She told me that I was over qualified for the job and she could just have one of her
    " $10.00 per our girls" help out when needed. Then she said " I plan on shutting that division down anyway, I don't want to be bothered by it"
    Nonetheless, I took another position with another company asap!
    I felt so sorry for the person who wanted to hire me, she has such a great work ethic and has a great vision for that place.

Interview Questions

• " Why would you want to work here? "   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Calamos Investments.

Interview

Nothing can prepare you for the initial interview. There is a personality profile that is administered. Depending on the role you are a candidate for you can't get past HR unless you fit the profile they are looking for. If you make it past the profile, the interview process will test your abilities for the role. If it is a technical role you will be tested as well. Expect the process to last 8-12 weeks. They make very informed decisions.

Interview Questions

• Other than the personality profile, the interview process holds nothing too difficult or unexpected if you are true to your resume. If you don't know something, say so. You'll fail the interview if you try to BS them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They'll give you plenty of time to negotiate and they are probably one of the fairest companies I ever negotiated with.

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calamos Investments in January 2010.

Interview

Interviewing with many different people. Just be prepared to explain why you scored the way you did on the personality test. Besides that it was a regular interview. If you buy the book "Sixty Seconds and You're Hired" and read it you should do great at the interview. The first person you interview with will be from HR. This will be the standard interview questions and very basic. The next person you interview with will be from the department you will work in. It will be more of a conversation and getting the know the company and what you would be doing. The final person you will interview with will be the head of the department. This is the most intense one and I guess it just depends and that persons personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non Existent