Caleres Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 2, 2017

2.0

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caleres (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy and after interview next day was offered job. I applied online then after a few weeks I got a call for an interview. It was about 30 minutes then next day I got offered a job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Caleres

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caleres in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, contacted at a later date. Was called on a Thursday and had an interview on Sunday morning, it was also a group interview. They had a panel where each of the three assistant managers asked one and the other questions coming from the manager. Straight forward questions. There was to be a one on one interview to follow, but I believe I was overly qualified and didn't receive a follow up.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions:
      What does success mean to you?
      Why do people steal? And what would you do if you saw someone trying to steal?
      What is your greatest accomplishment?
      What's your five year plan? (In 10-20 seconds)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caleres.

Interview

I went into Famous Footwear just to shop and the manager asked me to apply. I applied later that day and had an interview a few days later. The manager was really nice and made the interview super comfortable. She offered me the job at the end of the interview and I started work just a few days after that.

Interview Questions

• There were no extremely difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caleres in February 2014.

Interview

I was called the same day I applied to come in for an interview. Went in the next day to interview with the AM, was called a few days later for a second interview with the GM. GM told me she wanted to hire me as an AM (I applied for associate). She called her DM that day and he called me on Monday for a phone interview. Took over 2 weeks for them to get my references checked and then was offered an associate position with the opportunity to be promoted after the training period.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, lots of "tell me about a time when you..." questions which are sometimes difficult to answer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caleres in February 2014.

Interview

It took some time to get a call back for an interview from the time I put my application in. The interview itself only lasted 15-30 minutes. The questions were worded very differently and not typical. They were challenging to answer, but luckily the interviewer understood they were difficult and helped to explain the questions as best they could.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you would do when you encounter an angry customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Caleres.

Interview

My friend told me her boss was hiring and said it was an easy job, so I came in to apply. She asked me about my availability and how many hours I was looking for. I said I could work evenings and weekends, and that I didn't care too much about how many hours I worked. She had me fill out a miniature store application for her to keep, and then gave me directions for a complete online application to do later. She said she'd call if interested.
    The online application consists of a personality, skills, and traits assessment. Takes about two hours. It was only a week I think before she called me in for an interview, and my friend said you've pretty much got the job if the manager calls you back to interview. I do not remember the questions asked, but she (the store manager) and her assistant manager basically told me what the day to day looked like and what I should expect and I said I was fine with it. If they asked me any real interview questions, they were easy and I think only gauged my personality. I am very outgoing and personable, and I think that's all they look for in their sales associates. Just be friendly, smart, and look like you're going somewhere in life. SMILE.

Interview Questions

• I remember the interview being short and easy. Appropriate for minimum wage job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was my first job, so I only put down minimum. Looking back, I wish I would have asked for $8.50 to start because I probably would have gotten $8 or so instead of $7.35.

Ask for more than you want. They are pretty negotiable. Plus, your raise in the future is a tiny percentage of what you're currently at, so you want to start high to end high.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caleres.

Interview

Got a call and had an interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caleres.

Interview

One interview and hired. The only question I remember was.... What is you pet peeve? It was a very simple and laid back interview. Not to much to say about it. But when you're being interviewed for a mindless job with no benefits and 10 to 20 hours a week making 8 bucks a hour you shouldn't expect it to be to hard!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. I needed a job at the time so I took the $8.00.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caleres (Wichita, KS) in November 2012.

Interview

went to the store. spoke with store manager. she asked a series of questions. asked what i was looking for. we talked about expecations and schedule. avavilbity for the posiiotons was flexible and i acccepted the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Caleres (Petaluma, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

The process was simple, but tedious. You have to be persistent, don't just come in once. Come in and fill out the in-store and online applications and keep coming back once every week and keep checking in.