Calgary Board of Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Calgary Board of Education Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calgary Board of Education (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back in about half a month. The interview is a one hour in-person screening interview in Calgary. The interview consisted of situational, behavioral, and teaching philosophy questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Calgary Board of Education (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by a recruiter two days later for an interview scheduled the following week. The interview was composed of behavioural based questions and questions about teaching philosophy. I found it very impersonal. The recruiter read questions and typed my answers onto a laptop. I received a decision one week later.

Interview Questions

• What three things do you want your students to know about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calgary Board of Education (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Essentially, I found that the department I applied to was unapproachable and inflexible. CBE has a policy of not interviewing anyone who has not had a classroom teaching position within the last two years. This allows CBE to rule out anyone who is attempting to return to teaching after an absence of two years or longer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked, on the telephone, when I succeeded in reaching a person who had administrative authority, about my ability to express myself in the "language of education" used on the introductory pages of the CBE website. Not all school boards write their websites in the jargon known as "Eduspeak," but the CBE does.   1 Answer

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Calgary Board of Education (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I was called in for an interview after I completed a series of tests including typing, word processing and bookkeeping. I had a temporary HR person who conducted the interview. She was really nice and the interview went very well. There weren't too many difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• What strengths do you possess that would fit this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much room for negotiation as my experience was limited and it's a unionized environment.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Calgary Board of Education (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was intreviewed by HR and Manger and process went pretty smooth. I did not get any conformation if I got the job. I emailed HR to find out status. .no reply
    Very unprofessional organization

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would introduce new ideas
      How do you work with difficult clients   1 Answer

Na Interview

Interview

Candidates are basically treated with condescending attitude and they must obey admin at all costs, bending over their backs. When you try to explain yourself they just hear but don't listen. Very old-schooled values and opinions. Would never recommend this school board to anyone.

Educational Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Calgary Board of Education (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Short, and Sweet and Useless. I was asked maybe 3 questions and the interview lasted approximately 10 minutes. I was expecting to be in the interview for much longer than I was. I was asked a few questions and then gave the interviewer all required material for the job, diploma, certificates etc. I was not told specifics about the job I was interviewing for or asked if I had any questions regarding the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to life between 20/50 pounds?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calgary Board of Education (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I had applied on-line and was invited to Calgary (from out of town) for an interview at the downtown office in the afternoon. From application time to interview was only a couple of weeks. The person who interviewed me was quite friendly in a "if you give me all the right answers, you can join my club" -ish sort of a way.

Interview Questions

• The question I remember the most had something to do with how I felt about grading. As soon as I said I felt that it was a good tool for teacher accountability I could sense that the interview was over. And it made me extremely uncomfortable that the interviewer was so uncomfortable with this answer. In retrospect I guess I should have known better as CBE is a gigantic bureaucracy; with all that entails. i.e. hide out in your silo until you can retire and pass the buck.

I really have no idea why I went to this interview since I had already worked in one educational Titanic where I unequivocally discovered that I do not have a bureaucratic bone in my body. I guess Pavlov's dogs are smarter than me. At any rate, I got a form letter a few days later thanking me for my time and saying something to the effect that I was not philosophically a good match. A fact to which I chuckled and said Amen!   Answer Question

Educational Assistant Sub Roster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Calgary Board of Education (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a short process once you are contacted to the time you are hired, which is very nice. The questions were precise and relevant and the process was nice and simple.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about what would you do if certain things happened while you were on the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Calgary Board of Education (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

There are at least 2 interviews: one screening interview at the board level by a recruiter. The recruiters ask everyone the same 30 questions - all behavioural based. You have 2 minutes to answer each question, at which point they stop typing and cut you off. If you pass this interview, then you will usually be offered a subbing contract.

School-based Interview:
    I was given a sheet of paper with about 4-5 questions about my views on teaching, children, and education in general. I was given about 10 minutes to scribble my thoughts down on the paper before being interviewed by 2 administrators. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes. I was offered a probationary contract at the end of it.

Interview Questions

• What is your image of the child?   1 Answer