California Association of Realtors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at California Association of Realtors

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Association of Realtors (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Call with HR person about 1 week after I applied. In person interview with head of the department 4 days later. Both the HR officer and the VP of Communications were very nice. The "skills test" was very odd and I am not sure how much they actually use it. Multiple choice questions about spelling and grammar.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at California Association of Realtors.

Interview

Very strange experience interviewing with VP of communications. Personal questions where there were questions about your personal life. You feel compelled to answer. It's just odd all around. HR was fine, but there's no doubt that there is a toxic environment at CAR in certain departments.

Interview Questions

• A lot of personal questions were asked.   1 Answer

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at California Association of Realtors (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I hope this does not sound like a rant, it is just my most honest experience with CAR.

I was called a week after I applied. Then met the two people this position reports to, and in a 3rd interview I met the rest of the team and the VP. The VP seemed super excited to meet me and she told me she was very impressed with my work and was "happy they found me". After a month, 3 successful interviews and an assignment, I thought the job was mine. I was rejected because the position was filled. It was not. A week later I saw it posted to a group I'm part of, and this time they had amended the description to include some of the skills I had on my portfolio. I don't mind the being rejected as much as I mind the way they disrespected my time and lied, while adding my skills to their job description.

I'm sure it's a good place to work for, the people seemed to like their jobs and their coworkers a lot. But I had a very negative experience with the way they handled things.

The HR woman was very attentive/nice though.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at California Association of Realtors (Detroit, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

It was amazing! The questions were simple and straight to the point! Some things I did ask to repeat but overall , things were great. I'm waiting to be a manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing really. Just simple things.

California Association of Realtors Response

Feb 3, 2016 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your review of the interview process with zipLogix in Michigan! We appreciate the positive feedback.

Our interviewers are given helpful tips about interview questions they can ask... More

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California Association of Realtors (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted a cover letter and resume, they called to schedule a phone interview. Second round interview was in person. At the in-person interview, I was asked to fill out a formal application. Interview questions focused largely on my ability to provide excellent customer service. The longest part of the process was waiting for a background check to complete, which reached out to all of my listed contacts and several former employers.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation where you were told you couldn't do something and did it anyway.   Answer Question

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California Association of Realtors (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online, the had a phone interview with someone from Human Resources. I was brought in for a writing and editing test, which included writing a fake news story and answering some grammar questions. After that, I was granted an in-person interview with the Vice President of Communications. Then I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• To tell them about my experience as an editor   1 Answer

Sen Eng Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California Association of Realtors in February 2010.

Interview

hiring was good but need to improve in time management