California College San Diego Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at California College San Diego

3.2

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at California College San Diego (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The current Admin in the position set up the initial interview. When I arrived, there was another person interviewing for the position with me. We were asked questions and had to take turns answering. First time experiencing this, but it went well.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: Tell me about yourself; what did you do at your last job; strengths/ weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Career Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California College San Diego (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Three step process--I only got through step 1, but them's the breaks. First interview, met with a career advisor and their boss for a one-hour interview. Went well, but my schedule wasn't as open as they'd like, so I wound up not getting a call back. Step 2, presentation, 30-45 min with Powerpoint, on current resume trends and interview tactics, since you'd be teaching classes on this stuff as part of the position. And finally, you'd meet directly with the Dean of the school, see if he agrees you'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• "How did you solve a past conflict with a colleague on equal footing?'   1 Answer

Federal Work Study Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at California College San Diego.

Interview

I was directed to send and email to the person in charge of the federal work study program. I was then told to go to the company's website and apply for the position. I was contacted to set up a time for the interview. I went for the interview as a formality, as I was already going to get the position.

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Business Officer SAN Marcos Campus Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California College San Diego in July 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the Campus President. The interview was an hour and a half. He told me that I would be called for a second interview with the registrar and the dean. He never called me back nor emailed after I followed up with him. Not sure what happened but I was disappointed that he did not keep his word.

Interview Questions

• This is interesting because he was talking to me about the school and it was more of a conversation. This is why I was confused on why he didn't call me back like he said he would. I guess their priorities changed or someone else was selected. He even said I meet the qualifications and I passed his interview. This was just a strange situation. This was not a difficult interview and he is actually a very nice person so I am feeling pretty bummed out.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty for Business Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California College San Diego (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

You will have a brief interview with the associate dean over the phone. If that goes well, you will be asked to do a "practice teach" where you will present a lecture on a topic just as you would in a course you are teaching. They expect this to be 15 - 20 minutes long. Three to four staff members (including dean and associate dean) will be present. After the interview, the staff that attends your presentation will ask you questions about the presentation or information from your resume.

Interview Questions

• The questions are about your teaching style, classroom management, and how you would engage students.   Answer Question
    • How would you control the classroom?   Answer Question
    • What type of activities would you do in class to reinforce the information you are teaching?   Answer Question
    • What techniques would you use to ensure students attend class?   Answer Question