California College of the Arts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Lab Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California College of the Arts (Oakland, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was hired on the spot and wasn't really asked any questions besides what my availability is and when I can start. The Supervisors are previous students so they are incredibly chilled out but also sensitive to your needs.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at California College of the Arts (Oakland, CA).

Interview

The interviewers were very pleasant and easy going. Was a good interview experience. I had three interviews. They will keep me in mind for future opportunities. Would interview again if another opportunity comes up during my job search.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California College of the Arts (Oakland, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Had one phone, one panel and a one on one. Enjoyed the people I interviewed with. Very relaxed. Very welcoming. Did not get an offer but they really enjoyed meeting me and will keep me in mind for future opportunities.

Interview Questions

Interview

pretty standard phone and in-person interview

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California College of the Arts (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Phone interview followed by a panel consisting of half a dozen or more participants from across the organization. The panel consisted of a number of structured questions about your values and interests, and your personal interests. How do you handle work stress? Do you have any creative interests? Why do you want to work at CCA?

Interview Questions

• How do you work with persons involved in creative endeavors.   1 Answer

Director of Annual Giving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at California College of the Arts (Oakland, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted a résumé through the usual methods -- through the organization's website. I also had a personal, internal referral. I was contacted by the hiring manager who set up a phone interview. They have been searching to fill the position since the summer and are finding it to be a challenge to find people who have the right combination of skills and experience. The interviewer was smart, kind and organized. I have not been offered the job but I have also not been eliminated as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my fundraising skills and experience. They asked about my understanding of data analytics.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at California College of the Arts (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Process as follows:
    Telephone screening interview (40 minutes)
    First interview (45 minutes) with hiring manager, two program managers and subject advisor.
    Second interview (1 hour) with hiring manager, another hiring manager, chairs of two academic programs, followed by 1:1 meeting with dean.

Assistant Director of Career Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California College of the Arts (Oakland, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Quite extensive process, phone screening, 20 minute Skype panel interview with 3 department staffers, then 3 hour on campus interview including a 10 minute presentation. This was expected during normal business hours, so needed to take time off of work. Also, at the in person interview, I was told the salary range was substantially lower that what had originally been posted. I assumed they goofed with the original listing. The job offer allowed for minimal salary negotiation only after I had accepted the position.

At the end of the 3-hour interview, I was told I would need to provide 4 references, requiring one to be my current supervisor. I found this to be quite a surprise, as it is an obvious risk to my current position and standing with the company. When I expressed my concern, the interviewee insisted that it would be required or that I would be taken out of the running. I was pretty turned off by the experience as there were multiple unprofessional and disorganized elements of the process. For instance, they were late for the meeting and the room they had scheduled was not available. I was not offered the position and they didn't bother to even send an email letting me know their final decision. Disrespectful to the time put in to go through the process.

Especially coming from the Career Development office, the experience was highly unprofessional. I honestly feel sorry for students who look to this department for guidance as they go out into the world and apply for positions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past experiences, challenges I have faced with clients, something I consider as one of my greatest accomplishments, etc.   Answer Question

Ops Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California College of the Arts (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Great, friendly people. There was a phone screening first, then in person. Hiring manager kept in touch the whole time. 3 people in screening, 5 in the interview. There were 2 other candidates, as I found out later.

Film Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at California College of the Arts (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The superviser asked me questions and I answered them. We had a conversation about my major and work background. Overall, the experience was positive. The interview was not hard as it is a work study.