California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Interview Questions

Interviews at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation

2.9

Sort:

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Short on-line questionnaire followed by a written examination, physical fitness examination, medical examination, written psychological examination, in person psychological interview, and a background examination.

Interview Questions

• Expect interesting questions during the psychological testing phase.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable terms.

SSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Elk Grove, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied via mail (one of few departments that doesn't accept online applications). After about a month, received a phone call asking if I was still interested. I was and we set up interview.

On day of, had to sign releases for previous state personnel file, then was led to a cramped room with would-be manager and supervisor. Asked set of standard questions. Manager didn't know what an Apple Watch is, and didn't seem too with it technologically. This was a red flag as the position was in a section that dealt with tele-health.

As it was limited term, I asked about the possibility of the former employee exercising her return rights. Did not receive a confidence-inspiring answer that she would not want the job back.

After interview, hand wrote and mailed two thank you notes. Never heard back from anyone, not even a quick e-mail.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Sacramento, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I have to arrive 15 minutes prior the interview, I had to fill up forms about authorization Background check, 3 people on the interview panel, they provide a question sheet to read it.

Interview Questions

• 1.- What is your experience doing seasonal clerk duties?

2.- How do you protect the confidential information, what is your experience doing that job?

3.- What are your strength and weakness?

4.-In a front desk, What do you do if you have a phone call waiting and the same time you have a person in front of you? what do you do in this case?

5.- if We call to your current supervisor, what did he would say about you?

6.- If you enter data in a spreadsheet how can you check if it is correct or not?

7.- Rate 1 - 5 your training in the following tools:

1.- Word
      2.- Outlook
      3.- Exel
      4.-Power Point

8.-How you will prepare a meeting, what do yo do to ensure that everything will be good?   Answer Question

Office Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Soledad, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Soledad, CA).

Interview

Didn't greet me as I entered the room. Was very quick. Didn't ask any thing about ME. Didn't read my resume. Was in and out in about 15 minutes. Wasn't too difficult.
    Haven't heard back yet. (It's been 3 days)

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Sacramento, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

The Interview lasted around forty five minutes. I was referred by one of the managers who was working there, so I'm not sure what impact that had on my interview. I was asked to take some sample data, input it into Excel, format it, and analyze it. I was also interviewed by a panel of three current managers who gauged how well I'd handle certain situations. It took around three months to receive a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Excel? Do you feel comfortable formatting data?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a chatty co-worker?   1 Answer

Associate Governmental Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Vacaville, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

it was a panel interview and it lasted about 15 min. they asked me about 6 questions and the panel took turns asking questions. I was asked to provide three references.

Interview Questions

• why do you feel you are qualified for this position   1 Answer

Associate Information Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Sacramento, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Usually consist of 3 panel members, prior to the interview there may be a questionnaire, or written test. The interview itself usually consist of about 10 questions which the panel members will ask one at a time, with a copy of the questions in front of you.

Concluding the interview questions you may be granted a chance to an open forum of questions that you ask the panel, and they you about things not listed.

Interview Questions

• Describe any work experience and/or education which you belief qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Panel of 3. All RNs. They asked several questions and scenarios.
    Some were basic nursing questions. Others were about my experience and why I wanted to work there.
    I felt quite comfortable going through the whole process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Camarillo, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Was inviting and relaxing. There has to be a sense that you can be in a prison setting and are right for the job. Once that's established, its very supportive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach criminals?   1 Answer

Accounting Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Stockton, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

Upon interview arrival, received list of interview questions to prepare for. Given 10-15 minutes to prepare and was interviewed by two supervisors.

Interview Questions

• What is the definition of abatement, ledger, etc.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No salary negotiation as this is state service employment.