California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2017

2.9

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Sacramento, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I have to arrive 15 minutes prior the interview, I had to fill up forms about authorization Background check, 3 people on the interview panel, they provide a question sheet to read it.

Interview Questions

• 1.- What is your experience doing seasonal clerk duties?

2.- How do you protect the confidential information, what is your experience doing that job?

3.- What are your strength and weakness?

4.-In a front desk, What do you do if you have a phone call waiting and the same time you have a person in front of you? what do you do in this case?

5.- if We call to your current supervisor, what did he would say about you?

6.- If you enter data in a spreadsheet how can you check if it is correct or not?

7.- Rate 1 - 5 your training in the following tools:

1.- Word
      2.- Outlook
      3.- Exel
      4.-Power Point

8.-How you will prepare a meeting, what do yo do to ensure that everything will be good?   Answer Question

Accountant Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Norco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Totally spend around 20 minutes, seven questions, there is a book, each page has 1 question, they will read it for, then you need to answer one by one. You need to control your speed.

SSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Elk Grove, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied via mail (one of few departments that doesn't accept online applications). After about a month, received a phone call asking if I was still interested. I was and we set up interview.

On day of, had to sign releases for previous state personnel file, then was led to a cramped room with would-be manager and supervisor. Asked set of standard questions. Manager didn't know what an Apple Watch is, and didn't seem too with it technologically. This was a red flag as the position was in a section that dealt with tele-health.

As it was limited term, I asked about the possibility of the former employee exercising her return rights. Did not receive a confidence-inspiring answer that she would not want the job back.

After interview, hand wrote and mailed two thank you notes. Never heard back from anyone, not even a quick e-mail.

Assistant Information Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tracy, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Tracy, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

They go through a preset list of basic IT questions and scenarios. Very basic questions that anyone that is starting out in IT should know. A set of 2 interviewers both manger and supervisor. They take notes on the preset questions they ask you.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work experience? Explain you qualifications and why you think you are qualified for the job.   Answer Question

Accountant Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

Interview

Received letter in mail asking me to apply if interested. Mailed in my application, within 3 weeks got call for interview. The whole interview process took more than a month before getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What is account payable?
      How do you handle irritated people?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

Interview

I was offered the LPT position at four different locations all within DSH and CDCR, panel interview, some audio recorded, took several weeks to hear back, hiring process is extensive, at least 8 weeks from the time they offer you the position, expect to hear back anywhere from 3-6 weeks if you are offered the position

Interview Questions

• Name the 8 rights of medication. Yes 8   Answer Question
    • Name 3 signs and symptoms of suicidal ideation   1 Answer
    • An individual comes to you and states he fell in his room, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • An inmate reveals to you that he or she is experiencing suicidal ideation, what you'll you do in that situation?   1 Answer
    • Name five side effect of antipsychotic medications   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Registered Dental Hygienist Interview

Interview

This is a scored exam position. I was contacted when a position became available. After I responded I was by mail, I was then contacted by phone for an interview. I was interviewed by three medical/dental heads. They were having back to back interviews with hygienists.

Interview Questions

• What is the scope of Dental Hygiene practice   Answer Question
    • What in your career makes you a good candidate for this position here at the prison   Answer Question
    • How much lidocaine (1:100,000) can be safely administered to a patient that has both HBP (controlled) and CHF   Answer Question
    • There were also benign questions about job history and goals   Answer Question

Registered Dental Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was very relaxed. Staff was friendly and not intimidating. Questions were standard and very easy to answer. Interview was 20 min in total. The interview panel consisted of a doctor a nurse and the supervising dental assistant.

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Panel of 3. All RNs. They asked several questions and scenarios.
    Some were basic nursing questions. Others were about my experience and why I wanted to work there.
    I felt quite comfortable going through the whole process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Office Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Soledad, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Soledad, CA).

Interview

Didn't greet me as I entered the room. Was very quick. Didn't ask any thing about ME. Didn't read my resume. Was in and out in about 15 minutes. Wasn't too difficult.
    Haven't heard back yet. (It's been 3 days)