California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Interview Questions

Interviews at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

Interview

They asked five questions and had a panel of three interviewers. The interview room was hot and there wasn't much ventilation so I wasn't able to focus the way that I would have liked to. Only two of the panel interviewers asked questions and the other person just sat and observed.

Staff Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Sacramento, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Was required to take a written computer test prior to the interview. The initial interview had a panel of 2. They provided the duty statement and questions for me and was asked to answer each question. After they read the questions, they do not ask you to elaborate on your answers. All they do is listen and take notes. I was nervous being my first interview so I knew I did not do well.

LVN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

You need to register yourself online to make profile, complete the exam questions, and complete online application for the position interested ant the facility’s you choose to want to work at

Interview Questions

• What are the five rights or six rights?   1 Answer

Office Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation in January 2019.

Interview

Applied on CalCareers in October. Received an invitation to interview in-person two months later via email. Interviewed mid-January 2019. Currently, waiting to hear back.

There were three people who interviewed me and the interview consisted of eight questions. All the questions were printed for reference.

Interview Questions

• Define confidentiality. How do you protect confidential information?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel working in a correctional facility and w/ inmates?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult customer who was screaming or irate with you. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Staff Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Stockton, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I took the Staff Services Manager I test online in order to obtain list eligibility. I submitted an application HR Panel of three members who introduce themselves and take turns in asking questions.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Bakersfield, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied in June 2017 and they called me for an interview to be held at the end of July 2017. It was a panel of 8 RN supervisors from 8 institutions. They introduced themselves and provided a binder with interview questions. They asked you to open the binder as they read off one question and you answer as complete as possible. There were about 8 questions. They were all very nice and cordial. They apparently score you by points. 1-10. I felt at the time they were impressed by my answers. I was hired the following month.

Interview Questions

• 1. Asked about your nursing career experience and the challenges.   Answer Question
    • 2. Patient needs TB meds. How do you explain the medication to the patient and side effects?   Answer Question
    • Patient wants to harm themselves. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • Young male has seizures...What do you do?   Answer Question
    • The staff asks you to float somewhere else, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • Officer brings into the ER a patient with pin point pupils, decreased LOC, BP 108/60 R-20 P-142.(Question not complete, by memory only) What do you do? (Relates to drug overdose)   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Sacramento, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I have to arrive 15 minutes prior the interview, I had to fill up forms about authorization Background check, 3 people on the interview panel, they provide a question sheet to read it.

Interview Questions

• 1.- What is your experience doing seasonal clerk duties?

2.- How do you protect the confidential information, what is your experience doing that job?

3.- What are your strength and weakness?

4.-In a front desk, What do you do if you have a phone call waiting and the same time you have a person in front of you? what do you do in this case?

5.- if We call to your current supervisor, what did he would say about you?

6.- If you enter data in a spreadsheet how can you check if it is correct or not?

7.- Rate 1 - 5 your training in the following tools:

1.- Word
      2.- Outlook
      3.- Exel
      4.-Power Point

8.-How you will prepare a meeting, what do yo do to ensure that everything will be good?   Answer Question

Associate Information Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Susanville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Susanville, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and sometime later an received email invitation for an interview about one month later.

Interview consisted of a panel of three from different parts of the state. Interview went well, I answered the questions well.

A few weeks later received rejection letter and was given no details or contact.

Accountant Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Norco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Totally spend around 20 minutes, seven questions, there is a book, each page has 1 question, they will read it for, then you need to answer one by one. You need to control your speed.

SSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Elk Grove, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied via mail (one of few departments that doesn't accept online applications). After about a month, received a phone call asking if I was still interested. I was and we set up interview.

On day of, had to sign releases for previous state personnel file, then was led to a cramped room with would-be manager and supervisor. Asked set of standard questions. Manager didn't know what an Apple Watch is, and didn't seem too with it technologically. This was a red flag as the position was in a section that dealt with tele-health.

As it was limited term, I asked about the possibility of the former employee exercising her return rights. Did not receive a confidence-inspiring answer that she would not want the job back.

After interview, hand wrote and mailed two thank you notes. Never heard back from anyone, not even a quick e-mail.