California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Librarian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation

1 Interview Review

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied for the job in April. I was called for an interview in November. I was hired in January. I was interviewed by the Senior Librarian, the SAI and the SCEP. Only the Senior Librarian knows about the job; the other two are former teachers. The interview was standard; no surprises. However, the job consist of less librarian tasks and more custody tasks, and this was not brought to my attention at the time of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work in a library that is, technologically speaking, significantly behind current library standards, ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The government has a predetermined salary schedule. They start you at the first step, regardless of your experience.