California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation in June 2010.

Interview

Wait long times for interview, past your scheduled time. Interview room was cold and unwelcoming. Just a trailer with a table and a few chairs. 3-4 supervisor staff conducting interviews.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you get a call that an inmate has jumped off the 3rd tier?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salaries are set by the State.

Other Interview Reviews for California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Ontario, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Panel of 3 supervisors asking about my experience and scenerio questions in emergency situations. I was asked what i would do with unconscious patient with a pulse. I said i would stanilize the patient. Give oxygen. Call the doctor. Carryout doctors orders.

Interview Questions

• How would i deal with a difficult employee   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Elk Grove, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process is mostly a panel of atleast 2-3 people consisting of SRN 2 and 3. The process takes about 5-15 minutes or maybe longer if they have folow up questions. They give preference to applicants who are lateral transfer from another prison.

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do if you see an inmate unresponsive?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Bakersfield, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied in June 2017 and they called me for an interview to be held at the end of July 2017. It was a panel of 8 RN supervisors from 8 institutions. They introduced themselves and provided a binder with interview questions. They asked you to open the binder as they read off one question and you answer as complete as possible. There were about 8 questions. They were all very nice and cordial. They apparently score you by points. 1-10. I felt at the time they were impressed by my answers. I was hired the following month.

Interview Questions

• 1. Asked about your nursing career experience and the challenges.   Answer Question
    • 2. Patient needs TB meds. How do you explain the medication to the patient and side effects?   Answer Question
    • Patient wants to harm themselves. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • Young male has seizures...What do you do?   Answer Question
    • The staff asks you to float somewhere else, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • Officer brings into the ER a patient with pin point pupils, decreased LOC, BP 108/60 R-20 P-142.(Question not complete, by memory only) What do you do? (Relates to drug overdose)   Answer Question