California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2016

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Panel of 3. All RNs. They asked several questions and scenarios.
    Some were basic nursing questions. Others were about my experience and why I wanted to work there.
    I felt quite comfortable going through the whole process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate Information Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Sacramento, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Usually consist of 3 panel members, prior to the interview there may be a questionnaire, or written test. The interview itself usually consist of about 10 questions which the panel members will ask one at a time, with a copy of the questions in front of you.

Concluding the interview questions you may be granted a chance to an open forum of questions that you ask the panel, and they you about things not listed.

Interview Questions

• Describe any work experience and/or education which you belief qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question

Labor Relations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Sacramento, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied in February 2015 and was called for an interview about six weeks later. Once i interviewed, my references were called the next day. I was offered the job two weeks later. Thus, from the time I applied to job offer it was about 8 to 9 weeks, and I started at about 11 weeks. Since working for the State, i have seen other people get hired, and all of them take at least two months, if you're lucky. The State hiring process is never fast.
    I was invited by the Office Technician, who did not know how to operate email. I was in a busy work environment when she called and did not have a pen and paper ready, so I asked her to email me the invite. The interview was the very next day and there was zero flexibility given on the date, so I had to pretend to be sick so I could get to Sacramento. When I arrived, no one greeted me with a smile, and I was not offered to use the restroom or any water, despite having driven almost two hours to get there. The interview itself was with two managers and they gave off a very good impression, despite the fact that once I started working there, I realized it was just an act. The Office Technician told me to bring a copy of my transcript or degree to demonstrate I meet the minimum qualifications, and when I provided that to the interview panel at the end, they acted surprised and confused as to why I brought it with me. Despite all that, I wanted to work in my field (government) and took the job to get my foot in the door.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle telling an authority figure that they are wrong?   Answer Question

AGPA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Sacramento, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

One in person panel review with three different managers for 3 different units. The interview last one hour and started with a writing test. Test prompt was easy and it was a timed test. Thirty minutes were given.

Psychologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Sacramento, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Panel structured interview. May have an assignment such as a vignette or a sample of your clinical documentation skills to complete prior to the interview to bring with for their review. Interviews are followed by a typically lengthy wait to hear back for follow up/ offers. Even following accepting offer long wait times to actually start due to credentialing and background checks etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an inmate reported to you that he/she was suicidal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

With state employment there is little to no room for salary negotiation. Whether you have little experience or years of experience salaries are dictated by state standard ranges and typically everyone starts at the bottom of the range. With that being said, you get a yearly 5% raise until you max out of the range or promote.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Elk Grove, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process is mostly a panel of atleast 2-3 people consisting of SRN 2 and 3. The process takes about 5-15 minutes or maybe longer if they have folow up questions. They give preference to applicants who are lateral transfer from another prison.

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do if you see an inmate unresponsive?   1 Answer

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Short on-line questionnaire followed by a written examination, physical fitness examination, medical examination, written psychological examination, in person psychological interview, and a background examination.

Interview Questions

• Expect interesting questions during the psychological testing phase.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable terms.

Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Sacramento, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Group panel interview in a relaxing environment. The panel asked questions of varying complexity that included how-to scenarios, demonstration of skills, analytical writing skills, lab exercises and an explanation of why I am the ideal candidate.

Correctional Peace Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Sacramento, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very long for there was a lot of different aspects. Application, testing, phone interview, one on one interview multiple times with different departments. Health and physical testing, back ground and drug screening, and Gas mask testing. When you passed everything there was a waiting period before they made an offer of facilities you could choose from. Then they give you a start date and location for their sixteen week academy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do to the uncertainty in this industry day to day think long and hard if it is right for you.