California Department of General Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at California Department of General Services

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at California Department of General Services (West Sacramento, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Submitted my STD 65.
    2 weeks later I had to submitted requested papers to show my experience with Microsoft Suite.
    About 2 weeks later I was scheduled for a face to face interview. However they gave me extra time because I was more than 300 miles away.

When I arrived to the interview, I had to take a test, testing my Microsoft skills with Excel and Word. When your done, you sit in front of a panel of 3. They ask questions back and forth and write down key words they are wanting to hear.

Interview Questions

• I forgot, sorry. However, they were very easy. They just wanted to get a feel for my personality and to see if I fit their unit.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at California Department of General Services (West Sacramento, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The state uses an interview process of using a panel The panel asks all applicants the same general questions. As they are listening to your answers you will notice they are writing things down. They are actually tallying the keywords you say as you answer the questions. That's how they judge you.

Interview Questions

• very general relating to organization etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations