California Department of Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at California Department of Human Resources

Interviews for Top Jobs at California Department of Human Resources

IT Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Human Resources (Sacramento, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I entered a conference room with a panel of IT staff and they asked just a few questions. I was the only candidate for that day but I assume interviews are always conducted with one candidate at a time.

Interview Questions

• What should you look for in terms of inventory management?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a difficult situation you had at work, and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about getting rid of a virus on a computer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Human Resources.

Interview

Similar to any state process: submit an application and get a call about doing an interview. I did two interviews, the second was more informal than the first. The first interview was with a panel of three, all analysts, the second interview was with two supervisors.

Interview Questions

• The only difficult part was one of the analysts who interviewed me being rude and hardly communicative the whole time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None - it was government.

Deputy Labor Commissioner I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Human Resources (Santa Ana, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had to apply online first to take an exam to be eligible. The exam was a self assessment. I was then interviewed by a panel with 2 interviewers. They asked questions like it was an exam, testing me on what I knew about the division and what they do.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question