California Department of Industrial Relations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at California Department of Industrial Relations

2.5

Sort:

Staff Interview

Interview

I had to write an essay after reading a hypothetical in 30 minutes. I was interviewed by three interviewers. They were very nice and courteous, but it was hard to get a sense of what they were looking for. It is a very competitive position. Lots of applicants for one or two positions.

Office Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at California Department of Industrial Relations.

Interview

Took written test when offered. You have to regularly check the website. Started receiving vacant positions in the mail. Applied for a vacant position. Got called for an interview. At the interview, took a pre-oral interview exam. Then had an interview with two regional managers. Got a phone call about a week letter to get offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you did not get along with coworkers.   Answer Question

Information Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Industrial Relations (Oakland, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview process was fairly simple, need to take State Entry Exam for the position and need to pass with at least 90%+ score. After that there was panel interview with Manager, Supervisor and Technical Team Lead; including both technical and behavioral questions. It took about 2 months to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java Programming Questions and Behavioral questions   1 Answer

Associate Governmental Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Industrial Relations (Oakland, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The first step is the online application, which includes an "exam"--the content of which will vary according to the position. In this case it was a self-assessment of skills comparing oneself to others. The second step was an in-person interview, which was very general and not with the department manager or an HR person. The third step was a brief writing sample done on-site after the interview. A brief phone interview followed, but it is not clear whether this is standard.

Interview Questions

• Work habits, particularly punctuality. Asked me to describe previous work history.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none.

Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

One online exam which ask general questions and you need to get 90% as it is state department requirement to get hired. And 1 in-person interview with a manager, a supervisor and a senior. It is very flexible to arrange the interview. But it took 2 months after the interview to get the decision that i got the job. Started the job a few weeks after.

Student Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Industrial Relations.

Interview

It easy simple friendly 2 people interviewed me they were unsure of alot of stuff I asked about like wage and time of internship home boy was a bit of a stickler, but overall good worker and guy

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Industrial Relations in June 2013.

Interview

First I had to submit a resume. Then had a interview scheduled with which I was questioned about my education, previous work experience, and what I would be able to bring to the company. I also had to fill out an application on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at California Department of Industrial Relations (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I got a quick response. Set up and interview the next week. When I first arrived I took a basic research test with 5 questions, and I was allowed 30 minutes to an hour to complete it. Then I brought into a meeting room and waited a couple of minutes. I was interviewed by two managers and they asked me couple simple questions and then told me I would expect a call in about 4-6 weeks. I didn't get a call but I didn't call to check on my status.

Interview Questions

• 1) Greatest strengths and weaknesses
      2) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      3) Describe yourself
      (sorry these were the ones I could remember, but they were the pretty basic ones)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Industrial Relations (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online through my university's job board multiple times over my senior year and finally got a response in May. Went in for a skills test that went over basic Economics concepts an in-person interview with three managers. Basically go over Intro to Econ and you'll do fine. I thought the rest of the interview went pretty well (usual behavioral questions) and was notified on the same day that I was a finalist for the position. They asked for additional documentation from my university, but due to University Registrar's time table, I wasn't able to send them the documents until mid-June.

This is the part that gets funky, though. I kept contacting the research manager and the HR manager about whether I was still being considered for the position despite the delay, and they were very enthusiastic about me up until June. After they received my documentation, however, no correspondence has continued. I've been e-mailing them weekly for the past three weeks but no response from them. Based on hearsay from other graduates who applied to the same position, it seems like they chose a different applicant. At least have the decency to tell a candidate that you're moving on with someone else instead of telling them that they're a finalist when obviously they've been passed over.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Industrial Relations (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Two part exam- written and panel interview questions regarding basic statistics. An additional panel interview with all the managers (5) once you are selected. The interview itself only covered basic questions- Tell us a little about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years, what are your strengths and weaknesses, why do you want this position......

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A